Old 11-08-2003, 10:22 AM
larry

Default Stevia

Does anyone know about stevia? Where I can get seeds?
Larry

Old 11-08-2003, 11:12 AM
Henriette Kress

larry wrote:

Does anyone know about stevia? Where I can get seeds?

Richters, among other places. Dunno about germination though, the ones
I've got growing I bought as plants.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed
Old 13-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Noydb

Henriette Kress wrote:

larry wrote:

Does anyone know about stevia? Where I can get seeds?

Richters, among other places. Dunno about germination though, the ones
I've got growing I bought as plants.

Henriette

Henrietta, how do you actually 'use' it?

Bill
--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

Old 13-08-2003, 07:32 AM
Bobbett

Henrietta, how do you actually 'use' it?

I dry the leaves and then grind them up into a powder. I use the powder
in tea, coffee, iced tea or anything else that I want to sweeten and
don't mind the green coloring.

Bobbett

Old 15-08-2003, 10:42 PM
Mike Stevenson

This is so pretty amazing stuff. I had never heard of it before your post
and I started doing a little reading. If anyone not familiar with the plant
would like more imformation, I've found this website to be fairly
comprehensive in it's descriptions of Stevia rebaudiana.
http://rain-tree.com/stevia.htm

I'll see if I can find anywhere to get the seeds and/or plants from it
available online.

ble.rogers.com...

Old 16-08-2003, 02:02 AM
Noydb

Mike Stevenson wrote:

This is so pretty amazing stuff. I had never heard of it before your post
and I started doing a little reading. If anyone not familiar with the
plant would like more imformation, I've found this website to be fairly
comprehensive in it's descriptions of Stevia rebaudiana.
http://rain-tree.com/stevia.htm

I'll see if I can find anywhere to get the seeds and/or plants from it
available online.

Good link. Thanks bunches. I had been thinking about growing some next year.
I think you have helped me make my decision.

Bill

FDA be darned!

--
Zone 5b (Detroit, MI)

Old 16-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Nyssa

In article ,
Mike Stevenson wrote:
This is so pretty amazing stuff. I had never heard of it before your post
and I started doing a little reading. If anyone not familiar with the plant
would like more imformation, I've found this website to be fairly
comprehensive in it's descriptions of Stevia rebaudiana.
http://rain-tree.com/stevia.htm

I'll see if I can find anywhere to get the seeds and/or plants from it
available online.

"larry" wrote in message
able.rogers.com...
Does anyone know about stevia? Where I can get seeds?
Larry

I got my seeds from Park Seeds (http://www.parkseed.com). I got a few
seeds as a "freebie" with my order last year and just bought another
package to grow another batch. It's Item #0265 and is listed as "Sugar
Plant."

I just transplanted a fair sized stevia (~2+ feet tall) into a nice
pot and gave it to a friend for her diabetic husband.

Thanks for the link for the extra information. I'll forward the URL to
my friend.

Nyssa, up to her armpits in cukes and tomatoes
Old 08-12-2003, 07:12 AM
Archie Ritter

Updating this older message about Stevia, which can be used as a sugar
substitute.

Mike Stevenson wrote:
This is so pretty amazing stuff. I had never heard of it before your post
and I started doing a little reading. If anyone not familiar with the

plant
would like more imformation, I've found this website to be fairly
comprehensive in it's descriptions of Stevia rebaudiana.
http://rain-tree.com/stevia.htm

"Nyssa" wrote...
I got my seeds from Park Seeds (http://www.parkseed.com). I got a few
seeds as a "freebie" with my order last year and just bought another
package to grow another batch. It's Item #0265 and is listed as "Sugar
Plant."

I just transplanted a fair sized stevia (~2+ feet tall) into a nice
pot and gave it to a friend for her diabetic husband.

Thanks for the link for the extra information. I'll forward the URL to
my friend.

From the 2004 catalogs:

Territorial Seed Company, page 158, has Stevia extract and a cookbook.
www.territorialseed.com

Pinetree Garden Seeds has 4 books (pages 121-122) and Stevia seeds (page 48,
item 535). www.superseeds.com

my stevia plants taste like crap! Ohioguy Edible Gardening 8 22-07-2011 02:30 AM
Stevia: monoecious or dioecious? Billy[_7_] Edible Gardening 6 28-06-2009 05:39 PM
Stevia: monoecious or dioecious? Billy[_7_] Gardening 0 27-06-2009 12:30 AM
Stevia Arviragus Edible Gardening 6 29-05-2004 11:06 PM
stevia query whiteMemphis Plant Science 1 26-04-2003 01:26 PM