Old 13-08-2003, 08:42 PM
ThisJobs4Me

Default about the trolls

This troll has been reading and posting in this newsgroup for over ten years.
If youve been here over 5 you'd remember sandg1. the reason i seldom post
anymore is that ive been here long enough to have read it all before. I garden
10 acres in southwest Ohio, ive never killed a dog, and have had deer jump over
6 foot fence to graze on my gardens while the rabbits and coons dug under
them. and yes, if i were eating my neighbors garden id expect them to shoot me
too. Since i lived in Plymouth MI before moving here i know theres not much
wildlife there, therefore im sure the occasional rabbit is a fascination for
Pat. As for me they destroy a source of income.

The Old Troll.
Old 13-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Pat Meadows

On 13 Aug 2003 11:57:25 GMT,
(ThisJobs4Me) wrote:

This troll has been reading and posting in this newsgroup for over ten years.
If youve been here over 5 you'd remember sandg1. the reason i seldom post
anymore is that ive been here long enough to have read it all before. I garden
10 acres in southwest Ohio, ive never killed a dog, and have had deer jump over
6 foot fence to graze on my gardens while the rabbits and coons dug under
them. and yes, if i were eating my neighbors garden id expect them to shoot me
too. Since i lived in Plymouth MI before moving here i know theres not much
wildlife there, therefore im sure the occasional rabbit is a fascination for
Pat. As for me they destroy a source of income.

The Old Troll.

I doubt if you really mean that you are a troll in the
newsgroup sense of the word: a person who deliberately
stirs up trouble and tries to create arguments and hatred on
a group, then goes to another group, and so on.

These people are (I can only believe) mentally ill. There's
no sane reason why anyone would want to do this. Sane
people do not spread hatred and ill will, with no possible
tangible benefit to themselves. They just get a perverted
satisfaction from doing this, apparently.

In fact, if you've been reading and posting on this
newsgroup for over ten years, you are almost certainly not a
troll in that sense of the word.

Trolls, helped by spammers, have all-but destroyed Usenet,
which was formerly a thriving and most useful resource.
It's a real shame. Rec.gardens.edible is one of the
comparatively very few viable newsgroups left.

Here's the Usenet (newsgroup) definition of a troll:

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionC...ml#definitions

Go ahead and call yourself a troll if you wish.....

But I sure wouldn't call myself something despicable and
loathsome, something that tries to spread hatred and
dissent.

Pat

Old 13-08-2003, 08:42 PM
Mark & Shauna

ThisJobs4Me wrote:
This troll has been reading and posting in this newsgroup for over ten years.
If youve been here over 5 you'd remember sandg1. the reason i seldom post
anymore is that ive been here long enough to have read it all before. I garden
10 acres in southwest Ohio, ive never killed a dog, and have had deer jump over
6 foot fence to graze on my gardens while the rabbits and coons dug under
them. and yes, if i were eating my neighbors garden id expect them to shoot me
too. Since i lived in Plymouth MI before moving here i know theres not much
wildlife there, therefore im sure the occasional rabbit is a fascination for
Pat. As for me they destroy a source of income.

The Old Troll.

Hello Mr Troll,
(by your self description I dont necessarily feel it applies but) I was
wondering if you had any resources (on line) that you find helpfull in
your small farm operation? I have been enjoying reading this NG but also
have been looking for info on gardening/farming on a slightly larger
scale than the conventional vegetable garden. 10 acres is about the
level we would perhaps be able to accomodate on our own. We have much
more land than that but I am not sure we would want grow much more than
that. Or invest in the larger equipment it may require.
I dont read many posts from people here who seem to be farming at the
level it sounds you are. I would be interested in any info you may have.

Mark

Old 14-08-2003, 12:02 PM
Pat Kiewicz

Pat Meadows said:

On 13 Aug 2003 11:57:25 GMT,
(ThisJobs4Me) wrote:

.. Since i lived in Plymouth MI before moving here i know theres not much
wildlife there, therefore im sure the occasional rabbit is a fascination for
Pat. As for me they destroy a source of income.

The Old Troll.

I doubt if you really mean that you are a troll in the
newsgroup sense of the word: a person who deliberately
stirs up trouble and tries to create arguments and hatred on
a group, then goes to another group, and so on.

I dunno, the crack about not much wildlife in Plymouth is meant to be provocative.
In my neighborhood, we've got got *lots* of racoons, possums, rabbits, skunks,
squirrels (four kinds, counting chipmunks), groundhogs, the occasional fox
and, in Hines park and along Tonquish Creek, deer. A deer ran into the Penn
Theatre downtown a few years ago, and I've seen them across the street from
my house.

If I didn't have my fence rigged up like I do, and my traps, and neighbors who
are also interested in controlling groundhogs, veggie gardening would be an
entirely masochistic pursuit, instead of a hobby which provides a nice bit of
high-quality food.

Gardening is not my livelihood; I thoroughly sympathize with farmers and
understand that they do need to protect their crops to protect their livelihoods.
Some people may be naive about that, but I'm not one of them.

It just occured to me the OP might have been making a veiled crack at the nightlife
in downtown Plymouth. That's picking up a bit (more restaurants and pubs). Of
course, there are those who think that this trend to wild-living is going to destroy
what makes Plymouth 'Plymouth.'

--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 17-08-2003, 06:12 AM
Bill Litchfield

"Mark & Shauna" wrote in message ...

ThisJobs4Me wrote:
[...]

Pardon me for jumping in here. I have 3 organic gardens in my town
comprising a total of slightly over an acre. I supply 4 restaurants and many
individuals here on that amount of land. I farm/garden entirely by hand, no
power equipment at all. Just wanted to let you know that a lot can be grown
on a small piece of ground. Feel free to e-mail me for more details or
questions you may have.

Regards,
Bill