GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Burpee basil seeds bad? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/40458-burpee-basil-seeds-bad.html)

Tim Foecke 15-08-2003 05:02 AM

Burpee basil seeds bad?

I planted some Burpee sweet basil seeds in a large pot in sterilized
potting soil. They got basil wilt disease, which according to the NC
State agronomists is usually brought along with infected seeds.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

Bob 21-08-2003 04:42 PM

Burpee basil seeds bad?

"Tim Foecke" wrote in message
I planted some Burpee sweet basil seeds in a large pot in sterilized
potting soil. They got basil wilt disease, which according to the NC
State agronomists is usually brought along with infected seeds.

Anyone else have a problem like this?

I have lost about 1/2 my plants this year. I'm really disappointed, as I was
counting on a big crop for my next year of pesto. Mine are outside, so not a
sterile environment.

If anyone has managed to get home garden quantities of the Univ of Hawaii
resistant seeds, I would be interested in how they were acquired.

Bob