GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pruning oregano (again) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/40724-pruning-oregano-again.html)

Peter Werner 18-08-2003 10:02 AM

Pruning oregano (again)

Well, once again I was unable to keep my oregano plant growing
profusely for more than a few months. Almost all the established
shoots have completely died back.

The upside is that its sending up new shoots. This time, I want to be
sure to grow my oregano into a large bushy plant that fills up the
(large) pot that its in. When should I start pruning back the new
shoots and how often should I repeat this in order to get it to
spread. Where should I make the cuts?

BTW, I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area, so the oregano can continue to
grow into winter.

Peter