GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Houston, we have eggplant! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/40777-houston-we-have-eggplant.html)

Mary McHugh 18-08-2003 06:44 PM

Houston, we have eggplant!

Yippee... after my last dismal garden report, I've discovered several
eggplant. I've been checking them but haven't found anything but this
morning as I was spending a spare 5 minutes weeding between the
eggplants, I discoverd 3 (2 white, 1 purple) fruit. My bell peppers
also finally have set fruit, too.

The one star in the garden has been the basil, which despite massive
cutting, is even larger. It's growing like kudzu. A nice complement to
the now steady tomato harvest.

Here's hoping for a LATE frost!

Mary