GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   transplanting raspberries (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/41158-transplanting-raspberries.html)

Leslie 23-08-2003 03:02 AM

transplanting raspberries

Hi-Can someone tell me when is a good time to transplant raspberries. I have
8 or 9 plants growing very close together and would like to spread them out
some. I'm thinking that I should do this in the fall. Also, what else should
I do to ensure they grow well after transplanting.

TIA-
Leslie
Zone 5 (Eastern WA, just south of British Columbia, Canada)

Pat Kiewicz 23-08-2003 11:22 AM

Leslie said:

Hi-Can someone tell me when is a good time to transplant raspberries. I have
8 or 9 plants growing very close together and would like to spread them out
some. I'm thinking that I should do this in the fall. Also, what else should
I do to ensure they grow well after transplanting.

I've always transplanted raspberries in the early spring (which, according to an
article in Fine Gardening, is the best time to do it).
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

(attributed to Don Marti)

Leslie 23-08-2003 05:42 PM

transplanting raspberries

I've always transplanted raspberries in the early spring (which, according

to an
article in Fine Gardening, is the best time to do it).
--

Thanks Pat. That's good to know. That's one less thing to do this fall.

Leslie