GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato Blight & Potatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/42249-tomato-blight-potatoes.html)

Colin Malsingh 05-09-2003 08:32 PM

Tomato Blight & Potatoes

I am growing some Autumn potatoes (Carlingford & Charlotte) and they
are just starting to sprout above ground level.

However, I have planted them right next to some tomatoes which haven't
finished cropping yet, but are starting to show quite a bit of Tomato
blight.

Is it likely that this could be transmitted to the Potatoes, or is it
a different variety that they suffer from?

If it's the same, have I left it too late already (since the tomato
blight spores must already be around) or should I dig up the tomatoes
now to give my spuds the best chance of not catching blight
themselves?

Colin
-----
(Sorry - no direct email. Please reply via the newsgroup)