Old 11-09-2003, 01:42 PM
Pablo

Default Apple trees & grape vines.

Planted some apple & grape seeds in my herb box just for fun, and was
surprised to see seedlings emerging after about 10 days or so. The reason I
didn't expect them to grow is because I am in a tropical area where we grow
bananas, mangos,papaia etc. My question is will these plants grow bigger &
if so would they bear fruit ?

Paul Cordell, Nth. Qld. Australia.

Old 12-09-2003, 04:42 PM
FarmerDill

Planted some apple & grape seeds in my herb box just for fun, and was
surprised to see seedlings emerging after about 10 days or so. The reason I
didn't expect them to grow is because I am in a tropical area where we grow
bananas, mangos,papaia etc. My question is will these plants grow bigger &
if so would they bear fruit ?

Paul Cordell, Nth. Qld. Australia.

The apple will probably grow unless it succumbs to a disease. Unfortunately
they need a certain number of days(varies by variety) of winter chill to set
fruit so most probable no fruit. Grapes depending on variety grow at least into
the subtropics.

Old 13-09-2003, 01:02 PM
Pablo

Thanks mate.