GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Where *is* this garden? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/43810-where-%2A%2A-garden.html)

Monique Reed 22-09-2003 11:02 PM

Where *is* this garden?

Someone posted pictures of their beautiful veggies and flowers he
http://home.ca.inter.net/~stevedor/EGarden4.html and other pages. The
Garden of Ether.

My friends and I have been *drooling* over the plants and the photos.
Please, who are you and where do you garden?!

Monique Reed

[email protected] 23-09-2003 01:02 PM

Where *is* this garden?

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 15:45:29 -0500, Monique Reed
wrote:

Someone posted pictures of their beautiful veggies and flowers he
http://home.ca.inter.net/~stevedor/EGarden4.html and other pages. The
Garden of Ether.

My friends and I have been *drooling* over the plants and the photos.
Please, who are you and where do you garden?!

I have been too. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos: whoever it is
has my sincere admiration, not only as a gardener, but also
as a very talented photographer!

Pat

--
To email me, remove the obvious word,
and type my first name in its place.

EV 24-09-2003 06:22 AM

Where *is* this garden?

wrote:

Someone posted pictures of their beautiful veggies and flowers he
http://home.ca.inter.net/~stevedor/EGarden4.html and other pages. The
Garden of Ether.

My friends and I have been *drooling* over the plants and the photos.
Please, who are you and where do you garden?!

Hi. I'm Ether, and I garden in Canada's banana belt, in Toronto's eastern
suburb, Scarborough - Zone 6. I have a few little micro-climates though,
that are Zone 7 or better. It's not that huge a yard, about 45 ft wide by
about 70 ft. deep. When we moved here in 96, there was nothing but lawn,
and a tiny polka dot of black currant and raspberries all crammed
together. I brought about 200 perenniels from my last place, put them in
holding beds and started digging. Some of the first things I dug were a
vegetable bed, rose bed and composting area. I have to have my homegrown
veggies! Every year I find myself putting in another bed, or expanding
existing beds ... or both!

Who needs a lawn anyway. :-) Less for hubbie to mow.

I have been too. Gorgeous, gorgeous photos: whoever it is
has my sincere admiration, not only as a gardener, but also
as a very talented photographer!

Pat

Thanks, Pat and Monique. And thank you all for the warm welcome to this
newsgroup. I'm looking forward to more dialog with you all and finding out
all about your gardens.

Ether

PS my email addie is fake due to spam and joe jobbing of my account. Valid
email is nightwriter2010@yahoodotca.

[email protected] 24-09-2003 01:02 PM

Where *is* this garden?

On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 01:05:59 -0400, EV
wrote:

Hi. I'm Ether, and I garden in Canada's banana belt, in Toronto's eastern
suburb, Scarborough - Zone 6. I have a few little micro-climates though,
that are Zone 7 or better. It's not that huge a yard, about 45 ft wide by
about 70 ft. deep.

Canada's banana belt is right! :)

We're in north central Pennsylvania and theoretically in
Zone 5, but our climate is more realistically assessed as
Zone 4. It's much colder than one would expect for
Pennsylvania because of our altitude, we're in the
Appalachian Mountains at about 1500-1700 feet.

Anyway, welcome and I sure do love those photos.

Who needs a lawn anyway. :-) Less for hubbie to mow.

Useless things, lawns. I'm decreasing ours as fast as I
can...

Pat

EV 25-09-2003 10:22 AM

Where *is* this garden?

wrote:

Hi. I'm Ether, and I garden in Canada's banana belt, in Toronto's eastern
suburb, Scarborough - Zone 6. I have a few little micro-climates though,
that are Zone 7 or better. It's not that huge a yard, about 45 ft wide by
about 70 ft. deep.

Canada's banana belt is right! :)

We're in north central Pennsylvania and theoretically in
Zone 5, but our climate is more realistically assessed as
Zone 4. It's much colder than one would expect for
Pennsylvania because of our altitude, we're in the
Appalachian Mountains at about 1500-1700 feet.

Brrrrr! And I thought living in the banana belt was bad! I'm grateful for the
"Lake Effect" now!

Anyway, welcome and I sure do love those photos.

Thanks on both counts. :-)

Who needs a lawn anyway. :-) Less for hubbie to mow.

Useless things, lawns. I'm decreasing ours as fast as I
can...

Pat

Great minds think alike! ;-)

Ether