GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   El ninio (SP?) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/445-el-ninio-sp.html)

vsiddali 23-01-2003 04:17 PM

El ninio (SP?)

According to the weather experts, becuase of this thing in the
Pacific, NE was supposed to be warm and dry!

All I have seen so far is frigid COOOOLD Temps!

Mary McHugh 23-01-2003 08:39 PM

El ninio (SP?)

vsiddali wrote:

According to the weather experts, becuase of this thing in the
Pacific, NE was supposed to be warm and dry!

All I have seen so far is frigid COOOOLD Temps!

NE = Nebraska or Northeast/New England? If the latter, usually El Nino
means warm and wet. This year, however, we've been frigid and wet
(snow). Best guess so far is that it's because the El Nino is very weak
so we got half the effect (the wet part).

Mary "weather geek wannabe"

Denise 24-01-2003 12:10 AM

El ninio (SP?)

well thanks to el nino we are having the worst drought on record, and now
the fires are here.
NSW, VIC, ACT and TAS are burning - some parts have not burned in close to
100 years.
The cost to property and flora will be enormous......bring on the cold I say

Denise
Australia

om...

Zphysics1 29-01-2003 05:59 AM

El ninio (SP?)

El Nino fizzled out ( from our newspaper headline last week ).

/z.

Maren Purves 30-01-2003 01:48 AM

El ninio (SP?)

Zphysics1 wrote:

El Nino fizzled out ( from our newspaper headline last week ).

I'll believe that when we get anywhere near our normal amount of
rain again.

Maren, in Hilo, HI, which is known as the rainiest city in the world.