GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/44898-frost-last-night-north-shirley-long-island.html)

Jerry Minasi 06-10-2003 03:22 PM

Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.
Jerry

[email protected] 06-10-2003 04:22 PM

Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:16:29 GMT, Jerry Minasi
wrote:

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.
Jerry

October 2 here (PA's Northern Tier). Last night too.

That's early for Long Island, though, I think?
Disappointing!

Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/

Jim Carter 06-10-2003 04:22 PM

Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:16:29 GMT, Jerry Minasi wrote in
rec.gardens.edible:

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.
Jerry

Ice in the bird bath near Ottawa, Ca.

clc 06-10-2003 08:32 PM

Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

Had hard, killing freeze last Thursday (10/1) in Central IL. Sigh. Now
it's 80 degrees...

Cheryl

Henriette Kress 06-10-2003 09:37 PM

clc wrote:

Had hard, killing freeze last Thursday (10/1) in Central IL. Sigh. Now
it's 80 degrees...

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

We had -5 C for a few days in the first week of September, but it's been
+10-+15 since. Lovely long fall, pity about the pumpkins, tomatoes,
potatoes and so on.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed

Phaedrine Stonebridge 07-10-2003 03:22 AM

Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

In article ,
Jerry Minasi wrote:

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.
Jerry

Kind of early no?

Jerry Minasi 07-10-2003 06:02 PM

Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

On Mon, 06 Oct 2003 19:34:27 -0500, Phaedrine Stonebridge
wrote:

In article ,
Jerry Minasi wrote:

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.
Jerry

Kind of early no?

Not really...

Frost dates in North Shirley, (East Yaphank), Long Island, NY
N40D 50' 53" W072D 51' 59"

10/6/1984
10/10/85
10/5/88
10/20/90
10/21/91
10/6/93
10/12/94
10/18/95
10/12/96
10/23/97
10/7/98
10/9/01
10/15/02
10/6/03
You Know what to remove below.

Pam 07-10-2003 07:02 PM

Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

In our last fun filled episode, Mon, 06 Oct 2003 14:16:29 GMT,
Jerry Minasi proclaimed:

Had Frost last night in North Shirley, Long Island.

Neener, Neener, neener! says she who's first frost isn't
usually until close to Thanksgiving.

Kinda makes up for the blistering heat of July and August
'round here.

She who is from South Carolina and overwhelmed with peppers right
now.

"ElissaAnn"