Old 08-10-2003, 06:32 AM
Glenna Rose

Default Re(2): High Wheel Cultivators

writes:
In article fc.003d094101aa5b94003d094101aa5b94.1aa5bd3@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

Does anyone here use a high-wheel cultivator? I've not been able to

find
any locally; the closest "in-person" ones that I could locate were 400
miles away, in Spokane, Washington. Unfortunately, that was last

spring.
I lost the bookmark and haven't been able to find their page again. :-(

I've never used one, but two of my favorite suppliers, Johnny's
(
www.johnnyseeds.com) and Peaceful Valley (www.groworganic.com) sell a
Glaser wheel hoe. Pricier than you mention, with lower wheels, lots of
optional accessories including seeder, oscillating "knives" (like a
stirrup hoe), hiller-furrower, three-tine cultivator, etc. I do have
experience with other Glaser products and they are well made (in
Switzerland).

Wheels? You said wheels, plural, does that mean two wheels instead of one
like the others?

If so, this may just be like one of those my grandparents have. They had a
one-wheel model and a two-wheel model. I'm hoping the one that is at my
mother's is the two-wheel model but I suspect it is not, that my sister
got that one years ago. However, you have given me hope that I can
actually get one, so I'll check it out. So far, I'd not found anything
but one-wheelers and I've looked at a bunch of pages, with bunch
translated to dozens and dozens.

Thank you especially for this particular info.

Glenna

Old 09-10-2003, 06:42 AM
Bill Ranseen

Default High Wheel Cultivators

In article fc.003d094101aaa365003d094101aa5b94.1aaa378@pmug. org,
(Glenna Rose) wrote:

writes:
In article fc.003d094101aa5b94003d094101aa5b94.1aa5bd3@pmug. org,

I've never used one, but two of my favorite suppliers, Johnny's
(
www.johnnyseeds.com) and Peaceful Valley (www.groworganic.com) sell a
Glaser wheel hoe. Pricier than you mention, with lower wheels, lots of
optional accessories including seeder, oscillating "knives" (like a
stirrup hoe), hiller-furrower, three-tine cultivator, etc. I do have
experience with other Glaser products and they are well made (in
Switzerland).

Wheels? You said wheels, plural, does that mean two wheels instead of one
like the others?

Sorry for the confusion: there are (at least) two different basic
models. Each has a single wheel.