Old 09-10-2003, 03:03 PM
Registered User

Lightbulb tomato plant project

Hello all. I am doing a tomato plant project for school and I was wondering whether anyone could give me information on what type of soil tomatos should grow in. We have the choice of sand, mulch, or loam. Hope anyone can help me. Thanx so much!
Old 09-10-2003, 05:02 PM

Default tomato plant project

On Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:09:17 GMT, Hatsheput
wrote:

Hello all. I am doing a tomato plant project for school and I was
wondering whether anyone could give me information on what type of soil
tomatos should grow in. We have the choice of sand, mulch, or loam.
Hope anyone can help me. Thanx so much!

Loam is best. Tomatoes will grow on sand, if fed and
watered correctly, but loam is best.

Mulch is *not* soil, by the way, but is something you put
*on top of the soil* - hay, straw, wood chips or a variety
of other materials.

I believe the three main classifications of soil a

sand
clay
loam

Pat
--
To email me, remove the trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/