Old 11-10-2003, 09:32 AM
Mervyn Thomas

Default Hulling Sunflower Seeds

Does anyone know how to dehull sunflower seeds on a domestic basis? I know
that on a farming basis machines are used that blast the seeds against metal
plates to crack the hulls which are then blown away!

Mervyn

Old 11-10-2003, 05:32 PM
Charles Quinn

In article , "Mervyn Thomas" wrote:
Does anyone know how to dehull sunflower seeds on a domestic basis? I know
that on a farming basis machines are used that blast the seeds against metal
plates to crack the hulls which are then blown away!

Mervyn

http://www.berryhill.on.ca/pages/y2gm2.html (search for sunflower on this
page).

http://www.northdoorway.com/kitchen/elmolino.htm

Imagine you could find an antique mill and try one. Many times you can pick up
an old mill for reasonable prices.

--

Charles
Indifference = Consent
Old 15-10-2003, 03:12 AM
Beecrofter

"Mervyn Thomas" wrote in message ...
Does anyone know how to dehull sunflower seeds on a domestic basis? I know
that on a farming basis machines are used that blast the seeds against metal
plates to crack the hulls which are then blown away!

Mervyn

Hand crank meat grinder and a bucket of water.
Nutmeats sink, hulls float.