Old 16-10-2003, 07:32 PM

Default Very good Web resource for gardeners

I want to mention New Farm - this is a fairly new online
magazine put out by Rodale Press, primarily for farmers
(surprise!) g

It's free. No charges involved, no membership or
registration needed.

They have an awful lot of really useful information for
gardeners as well as farmers. They add information every
other week (I believe, anyway, frequently).

http://www.newfarm.org

The archives are especially useful.

Pat
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 17-10-2003, 11:02 PM
Phaedrine Stonebridge

In article ,
wrote:

http://www.newfarm.org

Great website!! Thanks
Old 18-10-2003, 04:02 AM
enoughluncheonmeat!

Great newsletter too! Thanks me too.

--
You have to remember that 80% of people are part of The Herd.
The 80% of the population that is braindead.

http://www.renaissancegardens.com/
msn messenger: Hortus Plasticus )
Outgoing email checked by Norton AV
"Phaedrine Stonebridge" wrote in
message
news
In article ,
wrote:

http://www.newfarm.org

Great website!! Thanks

Old 18-10-2003, 01:02 PM

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 02:59:22 GMT, "enoughluncheonmeat!"
wrote:

Great newsletter too! Thanks me too.

Yes, it's really nice. Lots of good stuff for gardeners!

Thank you, Rodale Press!

[Now if they could just get 'Organic Gardening' back to
being really useful.....sigh.]

Another gardening-related site I like a lot (not as
informative as NewFarm though):

http://www.pathtofreedom.com - look at the production these
people get from containers and small gardens.

OK, they live in California and garden year 'round, and they
are a household of five adults, therefore with presumably no
shortage of labor. But still: they show what can be done
on a small property in a city or town (or in the country,
for that matter).

Seeing as we have a property somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2
acre, and a large portion of this is used for the dogs'
fenced enclosure, I'm *always* very interested in high
production from small spaces!

Pat

Old 18-10-2003, 06:02 PM
enoughluncheonmeat!

news
wrote:

Great newsletter too! Thanks me too.

Yes, it's really nice. Lots of good stuff for gardeners!

Thank you, Rodale Press!

[Now if they could just get 'Organic Gardening' back to
being really useful.....sigh.]

Sadly, the mag has become less than worth it indeed. But at least I still
have old copies from the seventies and eighties! The 'real' Rodale spirit
has moved on long ago, their Institute is an important entity. I keep
getting telemarketed to renew, no thankee.

Another gardening-related site I like a lot (not as
informative as NewFarm though):

http://www.pathtofreedom.com - look at the production these
people get from containers and small gardens.

OK, they live in California and garden year 'round, and they
are a household of five adults, therefore with presumably no
shortage of labor. But still: they show what can be done
on a small property in a city or town (or in the country,
for that matter).

Seeing as we have a property somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2
acre, and a large portion of this is used for the dogs'
fenced enclosure, I'm *always* very interested in high
production from small spaces!

Pat

One good link deserves another, unless you have it already, in which case I
owe you one.

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/index.html

Old 18-10-2003, 08:02 PM

On Sat, 18 Oct 2003 16:48:14 GMT, "enoughluncheonmeat!"
wrote:

One good link deserves another, unless you have it already, in which case I
owe you one.

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/index.html

You owe me one....

Pat

Old 18-10-2003, 09:02 PM
enoughluncheonmeat!

wrote:

One good link deserves another, unless you have it already, in which case

owe you one.

http://www.kitchengardeners.org/index.html

You owe me one....

Now ain't that just typical, eh?

http://www.sonicbloom.com/Main4.htm

On the snake-oilish side but hey, at least I found a renewed purpose for
some old 8 tracks.
Blasting Trans Europe Express among a few late tomatoes in the rain did not
seem to do much for fruit setting but it surely keeps the slugs well away!

your turn