Old 22-10-2003, 04:02 AM
canuckistani

Default Why I garden edibles.

Youse all best be a'sittin' afore reading this....

http://www.foodnews.org/reportcard.php

--

http://www.renaissancegardens.com/
msn messenger: Hortus Plasticus )

Old 22-10-2003, 01:32 PM
Tina Gibson

"canuckistani" wrote in message
Youse all best be a'sittin' afore reading this....

http://www.foodnews.org/reportcard.php

Nothing new here - this is why I grow my own veggies!! Thanks for the link -
I had it before and lost it (kinda then forgot about it) - and they always
publish interesting info. Tina

Old 22-10-2003, 03:32 PM
canuckistani

--
"Tina Gibson" wrote in message
"canuckistani" wrote in message
Youse all best be a'sittin' afore reading this....

http://www.foodnews.org/reportcard.php

Nothing new here - this is why I grow my own veggies!! Thanks for the

link -
I had it before and lost it (kinda then forgot about it) - and they

always
publish interesting info. Tina

Welcome. Nothing new indeed yet it is interesting how people react to
'more bad news' such as this residue thing, to research into links between
excess pesticide use and aggression,
http://www.heall.com/body/healthupda...ggression.html
etc. It's a bit like a collective 'yeah well, it's all bad anyway' psyche
and on that basis, little or nothing will change. Interesting thing about
the Writing on the Wall, most people respond poorly to 'not fun' messages.
The recent report on pesticide review, he
http://ottawa.cbc.ca/regional/servle...me=toxin011107 was well
written but largely ignored.
But hey, the info is out there and it's up to the individual, as it should
be.
Meanwhile, I've got 14 pairs of ducks swimming around my hoophouses out here
in Victoria. It's good to have a bit of moisture but this is ridiculous!

Old 22-10-2003, 03:32 PM
Tina Gibson

--
[...]

Well at least the ducks are happy!? I have friends in Squamish who are
dealing with way too much water - so far they haven't been forced out of
their homes (fingers crossed). My good thoughts are with all on the coast.
Tina

Old 22-10-2003, 06:32 PM
rdoiron

Thanks for passing that on. I garden primarily because it tastes
better and fresher, but this gives me another good reason to grow my
own.

Kitchen Gardeners International
"Celebrating home-grown, home-cooked foods in their many international
forms"
http://www.kitchengardeners.org

edibles to plant? Luna North Carolina 8 04-09-2005 08:04 PM
Use of Pesticides on Edibles scyap Edible Gardening 3 05-07-2004 06:02 PM
new pressure treated wood and edibles Steve Williams Edible Gardening 1 28-04-2004 04:05 PM
What type of edibles grow well in N. FLorida? jbull232 Edible Gardening 2 28-04-2003 05:56 PM
nova scotia wild edibles Johnson Edible Gardening 0 22-03-2003 05:32 PM