Old 22-10-2003, 08:12 PM
Monique Reed

Default Duck, duck, goose!

Oh, my. I'd hate to see what you consider obnoxious. ; -) Grazing
geese defecate a lot, frequently, and it's mushy and it smells and it
stains. (They've got a caecum full of bacteria which help them digest
grass; this makes them function like little web-footed cows!) I once
had the nasty job of hand-weeding a daylily bed in which a gaggle of
Canada geese had been lounging. Ugh! If geese become tame enough to
come up on the porch and say howdy, you will be hosing off the porch
on a daily basis. I like geese, but I don't like cleaning up after
them. Maybe your ick threshold is higher than mine.

Monique in TX

BTW, goose doo-doo is fairly unobnoxious when their main diet is grass.

Old 23-10-2003, 02:22 AM
flick

"Monique Reed" wrote in message
Oh, my. I'd hate to see what you consider obnoxious. ; -) Grazing
geese defecate a lot, frequently, and it's mushy and it smells and it
stains. (They've got a caecum full of bacteria which help them digest
grass; this makes them function like little web-footed cows!) I once
had the nasty job of hand-weeding a daylily bed in which a gaggle of
Canada geese had been lounging. Ugh! If geese become tame enough to
come up on the porch and say howdy, you will be hosing off the porch
on a daily basis. I like geese, but I don't like cleaning up after
them.

Maybe your ick threshold is higher than mine. (emphasis mine - flick).

Quite possible; I tend to compare anything's doo to kitty or dog, which are
much more obnoxious IMO. And I have dogs, so it's a firsthand comparison
;-).

flick 100785

Monique in TX

flick wrote:

BTW, goose doo-doo is fairly unobnoxious when their main diet is grass.

OT Hungarian goose down pillows Sacha United Kingdom 19 17-08-2017 12:32 PM
control of crabgrass,goose grass in vinca Chas Hurst Lawns 3 24-09-2006 08:01 PM
Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Duck Weed!! Troy Church Ponds 7 05-04-2005 09:22 PM
A goose and a catfish... George Ponds 15 26-05-2004 07:05 AM
Goose Beans Michael Westwind Edible Gardening 2 25-04-2003 02:08 AM