GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Re; Rosemary infestation (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/46138-re%3B-rosemary-infestation.html)

26-10-2003 05:02 AM

Re; Rosemary infestation

We already have lost one of our potted rosemary bushes and now the same critters
have struck our second and last one. Whatever it is leaves a fine web and tiny black
nodules. The infected part withers away.

What is doing this, and can be done about it?

TIA

Ed

Hi Ed,

This is probably red spider mites.

I control them by using a hard stream of water from a hose and blasting them off the plant.
I have one rosemary in my garden, and I have been doing this for the last five years.
It doesn't get rid of them completely, but it does keep them under control. This rosemary
started out as a 1 foot tall plant in a 1 gallon pot, it is now 4 feet tall, 7 feet from front to back
and 9 feet from side to side.

So check your gardening books for listings on red spider mites.

BigDave

PS No chemical fertilizers or pesticides used here.