Old 31-10-2003, 03:42 AM
Nick

Default !!! STEVE !!! Pumpkin Seeds

Thanks, Steve. One other question I forgot, full sun or sun/shade?
Nick

On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 04:34:20 GMT, Steve wrote:

Wash them and spread them out to dry. Store them in a cool dry area. I
store mine in the basement in a jar enclosed with one of those little
silica gel packets that come with many products. (Heat the packet to
drive off some of its moisture before you toss it in the jar.) Just put
them in an envelope or something if you don't want to bother with that.
I plant mine inside. Use a plantable pot or at least one seed per
container so you do not have to break up the roots at plant out time.
When, depends on where you live. They grow fast so probably not much
earlier than 4 weeks before your last frost date. Not even that early if
you can't provide really good light indoors or where ever you grow them.

Steve

Nick wrote:
How do I store pumpkin seeds to plant in the spring? Also, when is
the best time to plant them? Can I plant them inside in Late January
or February and transplant them in the spring? How about a miniature
"green house"?

Old 31-10-2003, 04:32 AM
Steve

Nick wrote:
Thanks, Steve. One other question I forgot, full sun or sun/shade?
Nick

In the garden? Full sun for sure out there.... unless you are where it
is extremely hot and sunny.
If you start the seed indoors, they should get several days outside
before you plant them in the garden. The first few of those days should
be partly shaded. If it turns hot right after you plant them out, a
sheet of newspaper will keep them from wilting. That's the only time
shade will be a good thing.
Once they dig in some roots, full sun is OK. If you plant the seed
directly in the garden, no shade should be needed.

Steve

identifying new pumpkin was re; pumpkin curry soup meee Australia 1 28-11-2005 03:14 AM
Hi, steve, Hi, steve here´s a nice Picture Roses 0 28-08-2004 07:09 PM
Pumpkin seeds RULE! dstvns Edible Gardening 11 12-11-2003 04:02 AM
Pumpkin seeds RULE! dstvns Gardening 19 11-11-2003 10:42 AM
Pumpkin Seeds Nick Edible Gardening 1 29-10-2003 04:42 AM