Old 01-02-2003, 05:25 AM
Polar

Default Tomato infestation

This is the first year I can remember that all the tomato
plants have whitish stuff on the leaves, which soon wither and turn
brown. The plant itself continues to grow healthily (?) but I don't
know what if anything I should do about the infestation, if such it
is.

Any advice appreciated.

--

Zone 24/8
So. Calif Coastal

Polar

Old 01-02-2003, 04:26 PM
Jim Carter

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:25:07 -0800, Polar wrote in
rec.gardens.edible:

This is the first year I can remember that all the tomato
plants have whitish stuff on the leaves, which soon wither and turn
brown. The plant itself continues to grow healthily (?) but I don't
know what if anything I should do about the infestation, if such it
is.

Any advice appreciated.

Have a look at http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html
and then click on "Leaf". There are photographs of the common problems and
remedies for them.
--
Gardening Zones
Canada Zone 5a
Old 01-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Polar

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 10:26:47 -0500, Jim Carter
wrote:

On Fri, 31 Jan 2003 20:25:07 -0800, Polar wrote in
rec.gardens.edible:

This is the first year I can remember that all the tomato
plants have whitish stuff on the leaves, which soon wither and turn
brown. The plant itself continues to grow healthily (?) but I don't
know what if anything I should do about the infestation, if such it
is.

Any advice appreciated.

Have a look at http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html
and then click on "Leaf". There are photographs of the common problems and
remedies for them.

Thanks very much. Wonderful site.

I did peruse all the pictures carefully, but did not find the problem.

Appreciate your help.

--
Polar
Old 20-02-2003, 09:03 PM
Polar

On Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:37:20 GMT, pgh
wrote:

If you have a digital maybe you can take a picture of your problem and post it.

I do, I bought it months ago, and have been too chicken to learn to
use it! Maybe you have pushed me into action g

wrote:

[...]

tomato plants infestation Vicky United Kingdom 8 27-05-2004 08:19 PM
Conifer aphid massive infestation Lynda Thornton United Kingdom 9 26-04-2003 11:33 PM
ant infestation Lee & Deb Miles Bonsai 2 26-03-2003 02:56 AM
[IBC] ant infestation Jim Lewis Bonsai 6 25-03-2003 06:20 PM
What Insect infestation do I have Hamish United Kingdom 0 23-03-2003 02:32 PM