GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Australian gardener - 'new' here (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/47905-australian-gardener-new-here.html)

andr0meda 29-11-2003 12:42 AM

Australian gardener - 'new' here

Hi,
I've just found this group, and wonder if there are any Australian posters
here - reason being different growing conditions. I have some probs with
tomatoes and beans developing yellow leaves.
Thanks in advance,
Andr0

Pablo 29-11-2003 12:12 PM

Australian gardener - 'new' here

How are you mate, I'm new here too. My location is Kuranda Nth. Qld. whats
yours?
Sorry I can't help with the yellow leaves problem, up here the tomato leaves
go brown & fall off.

Paul Cordell.

andr0meda 29-11-2003 12:43 PM

Australian gardener - 'new' here

Hi Paul,
I am just on the boarder at Tugun, Gold Coast.
I moved my pots since, and hope that will stop that yellowing. It is nice
meeting you,
Andr0

Frogleg 29-11-2003 03:03 PM

Australian gardener - 'new' here

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:33:16 GMT, "andr0meda"
wrote:

I've just found this group, and wonder if there are any Australian posters
here - reason being different growing conditions. I have some probs with
tomatoes and beans developing yellow leaves.

There are many posters from Oz. We northern hemisphere types rather
envy them when they post of ripe tomatoes by Christmas and starting
their gardens when we are mourning fall shutdown.

Sorry I can't help you with yellowing bean leaves. I'm sure someone
else can. Beans are beans, even when they're growing upside down. :-)

andr0meda 29-11-2003 10:32 PM

Australian gardener - 'new' here

LOL!
Well, for many years I envied anybody who had a garden! This is for the
first time in my (mature) life that I have one, too. Therefore my lack of
experience.
Regards,
Andr0

Trevor Woods 01-12-2003 01:42 PM

Australian gardener - 'new' here

On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:22:59 GMT, "andr0meda"
wrote:

LOL!
Well, for many years I envied anybody who had a garden! This is for the
first time in my (mature) life that I have one, too. Therefore my lack of
experience.
Regards,
Andr0

Andr0. Gardening is good for the soul. You said you moved your pots.
Do you have plants in the open ground too. I'm from Australia too by
the way.

Trevor

andr0meda 02-12-2003 10:12 AM

Australian gardener - 'new' here

Hi Trevor,
For the time being I have no 'normal' garden; my entire yard was covered by
an enormous, bizarre timber deck which I had removed as soon as I took over
the property. Unfortunately, my builder is hard to get to complete stage 2
of renovation: to build steps from patios and get landfill. It may be about
Easter when I can start planting in soil.
Meanwhile, moving tomatoes has helped - they look better. Where about are
you?
Regards,
And0

John Savage 05-12-2003 11:42 PM

"andr0meda" writes:
I've just found this group, and wonder if there are any Australian posters
here - reason being different growing conditions. I have some probs with
tomatoes and beans developing yellow leaves.

Hi. You will find quite a lot of Aussie gardeners on aus.gardens

But please, don't mention problems with cats ....