GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Newbie Q: Baby spinach (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/487-newbie-q-baby-spinach.html)

Irving Kimura 03-02-2003 10:27 PM

Newbie Q: Baby spinach

Pardon the dumb question, but is baby spinach, as the name implies,
just young spinach, or is it a particular species/variety of spinach?
If it is the former, is any variety of spinach recommended to
harvest as baby spinach for salads? If it is the latter, can
someone recommend a mail-order retail supplier of baby spinach
seed?

Thanks,

-Irv

Kelvyn 03-02-2003 10:41 PM

Newbie Q: Baby spinach

In article, says...

dont know about 'baby spinach' but when mine gets old and tall and about to seed
i leave it in the garden and the tiny leaves that grow at that time are great
in stir-fry etc.....
kelvyn.

Cricket 03-02-2003 10:47 PM

Newbie Q: Baby spinach

I've always referred to spinach picked young as baby spinach. I've sold a
bunch to health food stores that way. Long Standing Bloomsdale Spinach is
particularly good this way for me.

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket

Zphysics1 04-02-2003 03:42 AM

Newbie Q: Baby spinach

I think baby spinach is young

Zphysics1 04-02-2003 03:43 AM

Newbie Q: Baby spinach

I think baby spinach is young spinach plants. If you watch FoodNetwork once in
a while, they show how these are harvested.

/z.