Old 17-12-2003, 10:06 PM
paghat

Default "Left wing kookiness"

In article . net,
Jonathan Ball wrote:

Rico X. Partay wrote:

"Bob Peterson" wrote in message

Diet for a Small Planet is hardly evidence
of anything other than left wing kookiness.
If you want to trust your life to something
that nutty then do so, otherwise have some
animal products in your diet.

When you use adjectives like "left wing" in a technical
discussion about nutrition you tend to show you have an adgenda
that has nothing to do with the merits of the argument, and you
thereby lower the credibility of anything useful you may have to
say.

To paraphrase Al Franken, arguing about whether a diet is
"left wing" or "right wing" is like arguing whether al-Qaeda uses
too much vinegar in its salad dressing. It may be true, but it's
completely beside the point.

Hope this helps.

It only helped to show that you aren't very astute, and
you're probably too contaminated by notions of
political correctness ever to learn.

"Diet for a Small Planet" IS INDEED an expression of
leftist political thinking. So is "veganism". If
someone tells me he's "vegan", I know EVERYTHING about
his politics; there's nothing concealed.

By this chap's comical worldview, two-thirds of the population of India
are lefties, including Narendra Modi, the far-right "saffronist" bigot &
leader of bigots in India, he's totally vegan, but maybe he's only
pretending to be such a bad rightwing ****** to make the right look bad.
And Mussalini's ulcer drove him to vegetarianism therefore he must've been
more of a progressive than a fascist. Hitler some believe was a vegan at
least until 1931, maybe he should've stayed one, no doubt it was when he
started up the meat again he went bad & needed the yummy aroma of cooked
people.

Leonardo de Vinci was a lefty whiz at designing war machinery.
Shakespeare who noticed that meat-eating lowered intelligence was
therefore a lefty. FBI serial killer profiler John Douglas, who identified
killing animals as one of the three key early warning-behaviors of a
psychopath, is a lefty. Whoremongering technocrat H. G. Wells was a lefty.
Both Immanuel Kant & Fredrich Nietzsche were lefties (what a flash!) cuz
neither would eat meat. Carmen Electra & Tippi Hedrin, great leaders among
lefties cuz of their diet. Dwight Yoakum, all his lefty country tunes
make me sick. Elvira Mistress of the Night & Chester on Gunsmoke, great
lefty philosophers first & foremost. Faggoty ol' Ninjinski, total lefty,
couldn't even pirhouette to the right. Plato, bigtime lefty promoting
utopiuan vegan politics. The Reverand Fred "Wonderful Day in the
Neighborhood" Rogers baiting strangers' children into his pad with toys as
he rips off his clothes at the door, complete lefty spaz. William Shatner,
I can tell you as a lefty vegetarian myself, what a great leader of lefty
thinking he is to have on my side! Not to mention Sy Sperling, what a good
lefty gent, fighting for the love-lives of all fellow outcast baldheaded
geeks of the world but only if they're lefties, he would NEVER staple a
rug on the shiny pate of a rightwinger. Michael Jackson, not so much a
buggerer of chimps & small boys as merely a misunderstood lefty. Weird Al
Yankovitch, all those silly songs have hidden messages for the Left to
take over the world.

When Bobcat Goldthwait screams a joke like "I'll have your daughter home
by midnight -- in pieces in a bag!" it's cuz as a vegan, this makes him
such a funny lefty. And when Bruce Springsteen sings of patriotism, well
maybe it is indeed because he's a big lefty, therefore no one ever went to
hear him sing but a bunch of working class lefties & dont-ask-don't-tell
soldierboys who likewise refuse to eat meat. Oh! Oh! And Carmen Miranda,
ever notice how her fruitbowl hat always leaned a little LEFT ... it's cuz
she was a vegan (or was that fruitarian). Johnny Cash too, all his songs
stink to high heaven because of his progressiveness & vegetarianism. And
Leonard Cohen, good lord, you may have thought his "giving me head at the
foot of the bed" was his chief obsession, but leaving his politics out of
his tunes is a TRICK to bait you into his leftwing buddhahood & living in
the back of a van, oh those sneaky lefties. But stranger still is Meatloaf
-- should change his name to Nutloaf since he's a vegan, surely so far
left he's about to fall off the planet, not that he ever makes his
opinions known one way or t'other.

If the greater point is that rightwingers hate the planet & want to kill &
eat everything & everyone, therefore only bleedingheart lefties won't
bludgeon cattle, well, I'm not yet willing to believe that, even if
percentage-wise such an argument could be made. I've just never noticed
being rightwing OR eating meat COMPLETELY annihilated the possibility of
decency. And wouldn't this also make fat boozy meat-eaters like Ted
Kennedy right wingers? Also definitely NOT vegetarians are Saddam Hussein,
Presidente Marcos & his ugly wife Imelda -- maybe they'd've been good
people if only they'd stopped eating meat.

I begin to see how an unreasoning sod could come to the conclusion that
veggies = lefties! Since the Alberts -- Einstein & Schweitzer -- deplored
meat-eating as much as did Hans Christian Anderson, Ben Franklin, Charles
Darwin, Frank Zappa, Ghandi & Sir Isaac Newton, THEREFORE only decently
progressive super-geniuses are vegetarians, & that leaves out everyone on
the right! But golly, rightwingers should get over such self-loathing.
Plenty of people who decided not to eat meat are totally down with the
rightwing agenda. Many a "right to lifer" DOES extend that to being
vegetarian & not shooting doctors.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 17-12-2003, 10:06 PM
Jonathan Ball

God DAMN it, you are such a windbag!

paghat wrote:

In article . net,
Jonathan Ball wrote:

Rico X. Partay wrote:

[...]

Nope. Indians are not generally "vegan". You don't
know your ass from your face.

[...]

You have next to no evidence that any of those people,
historical and contemporary, are "vegan". I suppose
quite a few of them were or are vegetarian, though;
there's a big difference.

Try to say what little you have to say in far fewer
words next time, windbag.

Old 17-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Bob Brock

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:25:29 GMT, Jonathan Ball
wrote:

Bob Brock wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:10:59 GMT, Jonathan Ball
wrote:

Bob Brock wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:51:16 GMT, Jonathan Ball
wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:

Bob Brock wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 19:11:43 GMT, Jonathan Ball
wrote:

Look: less is more.

Right is Wrong.
War is Peace.

It figures, in your pig-headedness and stupidity, that
you'd snip out and ignore what I wrote about concise
writing being better than wheezy, droning rants; you're
a droner yourself. Here, in case you want to have
another try at it, fat ****:

A quote I've seen attributed to Pascal, Montaigne
and Mark Twain - I'm sorry to be confusing you with
those two foreigners,

Gosh, you got me there. All this time, I thought Mark Twain was an
American.

You can't count, either, can you? You fat ****. Twain
was the third one listed.

In your pig-headedness and stupidity, you're still
missing the essential point: saying the same thing in
fewer words is a more powerful way of expressing yourself.

Grammar counts too. Look up comma usage and multiple subjects. Get
back to me. You simply can't communicate and I don't think being less
verbose is going to help you.

Learn something new every day.

No, you haven't learned anything new in a looooooong
time. Pig-headed fools seldom do.

Yawn....

Old 17-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Bob Brock

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:08:33 GMT, Jonathan Ball
wrote:

Bob Brock wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 13:58:36 -0600, Patrick Sonnek
wrote:

You know, you reall all are bunch of loud mouths.
(and by the way, this is not addressed to any one individual, or group,
there are several on both sides of the argument who sound like bunch of
children.)

Can't we discuss things like intelligent adults?
or is that asking too much?
or is it just too much fun calling your nieghbor a dumb shit and a moron?

OK...I'll quit winding him up

You never were.

You keep comming back.
Old 17-12-2003, 10:37 PM
Tom Quackenbush

Jonathan Ball wrote:
snip
Tom Quackenbush wrote:

OK, I have to confess ignorance here - I'm not very familiar with
J.S. Mill. When did he write that & did he mean "conservative" in the
same political sense that it's used today?

John Stuart Mill, 1806-1873, was one of the most
important English philosophers and political thinkers
of his age. He is noted as one of the leading
proponents of utilitarianism.

snip
Thank you. I think I need to read up on Mr. Mill.

R,
Tom Q.

Old 17-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Jonathan Ball

wrote:

You know, you reall all are bunch of loud mouths.
(and by the way, this is not addressed to any one individual, or group,
there are several on both sides of the argument who sound like bunch of
children.)

Can't we discuss things like intelligent adults?
or is that asking too much?
or is it just too much fun calling your nieghbor a dumb shit and a moron?

OK...I'll quit winding him up

You never were.

You keep comming back.

You keep needing correction.

Old 17-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Jonathan Ball

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:52:38 GMT

wrote:

wrote:

[...]

As does punctuation: "grammar counts, too." You're
****ing hopeless in addition to being clueless.

Look up comma usage and multiple subjects. Get
back to me. You simply can't communicate

I communicate very well. The problem is with you,
fatso. You can't read.

Old 17-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Tom Quackenbush

Ah, JHC. Could one of you (Bob or Jon) start trimming at least the:

R,
Tom Q.
Old 17-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Bob Peterson

"Patrick Sonnek" wrote in message
You know, you reall all are bunch of loud mouths.
(and by the way, this is not addressed to any one individual, or group,
there are several on both sides of the argument who sound like bunch of
children.)

Can't we discuss things like intelligent adults?
or is that asking too much?
or is it just too much fun calling your nieghbor a dumb shit and a moron?

Its hard to take anyone's arguments seriously when their primary source for
their beliefs is foolishness like the book cited.

--
For good laugh at computer security, go to
http://www.vseasy.com/Security_Humor.html

Old 17-12-2003, 11:35 PM
paghat

In article . net,
Jonathan Ball wrote:

paghat wrote:

In article , "Rico X.
Partay" wrote:

"Bob Peterson" wrote in message

Diet for a Small Planet is hardly evidence
of anything other than left wing kookiness.
If you want to trust your life to something
that nutty then do so, otherwise have some
animal products in your diet.

When you use adjectives like "left wing" in a technical
discussion about nutrition you tend to show you have an adgenda
that has nothing to do with the merits of the argument, and you
thereby lower the credibility of anything useful you may have to
say.

To paraphrase Al Franken, arguing about whether a diet is
"left wing" or "right wing" is like arguing whether al-Qaeda uses
too much vinegar in its salad dressing. It may be true, but it's
completely beside the point.

Hope this helps.

You know, I just about stopped reading that thread at that point, as some
things are just so ignorant I lose interest in players whose thinking is
SO poor that their perspective ceases to be worth weighing at all -- as
even if I strongly disagree with someone, there should be some core worth
at least passing consideration, & it's less fun to argue about it if the
other side is just nose-pickin' with shit in his shorts gibbering random
nonsense. I've heard some dumbass stuff for why my own vegetarianism is
going to kill me, though I'm healthier than any of 'em after 25+ years of
meatlessness. But the old it's-a-lefty-commy-pinko-conspiracy argument has
never before been on the list of demented reasons for nutritional facts
not being facts; makes as much sense as invoking butt-probing "greys" from
outer space, who do indeed figure into many leftophobics' unusual beliefs.

I retract what I said earlier about your writing
ability being pretty good. You write shit, and you
also are far too verbose in spreading your shit. I've
seen you off and on for a few years now, and what
always shines through brightly and with clarity is your
monstrous ego. You are so taken with yourself and with
your "take" that you can't rein yourself in.

Look: less is more.

A perfect example of how someone utterly devoid of reason can at least
call his betters names!

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Old 18-12-2003, 12:08 AM
Bob Brock

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:15:13 -0500, Tom Quackenbush
wrote:

Ah, JHC. Could one of you (Bob or Jon) start trimming at least the:

R,
Tom Q.

Hey...I filtered him a couple of hours ago. That didn't fix it?
Surely he's not still talking to himself...is he?
Old 18-12-2003, 12:24 AM
Bob Brock

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 17:23:02 -0500, "rick etter"
wrote:

"Bob Brock" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 20:25:29 GMT, Jonathan Ball

\
\snippage...

Grammar counts too.

==============
Ah yes, the net spell/grammar checker last resort when you have nothing of
substance to say...

snippage...

No, those who have nothing so say say nothing. You know, like you
just did. Do you guys always talk this much not saying anything with
any substance? Do you reenforce each other's self esteem all the
time? I hope so. You guys need it.

Old 18-12-2003, 02:08 AM
George Cleveland

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:28:28 -0500, Tom Quackenbush
wrote:

Jonathan Ball wrote:
snip
Tom Quackenbush wrote:

OK, I have to confess ignorance here - I'm not very familiar with
J.S. Mill. When did he write that & did he mean "conservative" in the
same political sense that it's used today?

John Stuart Mill, 1806-1873, was one of the most
important English philosophers and political thinkers
of his age. He is noted as one of the leading
proponents of utilitarianism.

snip
Thank you. I think I need to read up on Mr. Mill.

R,
Tom Q.

Here's his introduction to "On Liberty".

http://www.bartleby.com/130/1.html

You'll note he doesn't state an opposition to governmental control of
peoples actions only an opposition to acts that don't spring from
"self-protection". He really was a fairly modern liberal.

Here is a synopsis of his life and work.

http://www.utilitarianism.com/jsmill.htm

Here you will note he is a strong proponent of environmental protection,
population control and women's rights.

If anything he demonstrates the basic meaninglessness of labels like
"conservative" or "liberal" when applied to an independent thinker.

g.c.