Old 06-02-2003, 07:02 PM
joe mccrary

Default wild blueberry

I live in panhandle of florida. I live on thirty acre of land . I have
between 1500 to 2000 wild blueberry. I have trouble picking them alot
fall to the ground. I first thought of sheet under them but i have dogs.
can any one give me ideas any good way of picking my blueberry. I also
need good way to sell once i have pick them. thank you aleta mccrary

Old 07-02-2003, 07:12 AM
Bob

I once had the opoportunity to use a picker for huckleberries which was a
cup with a handle like a coffee mug, with long comb "teeth" which stripped
the berries from the branch by raking the comb through the branches. The
berries dropped into the cup.

Bob

Old 08-02-2003, 02:28 AM
Cricket

Yea, you pick sounds just right. I recommend reading Booker T Watson's book
about You Pick farms for more info. I think it was called "How to make
$100,000 on ten acres"

--
Please see our website of gardening products at
http://www.southernexposure.com

Peace

Cricket
"Polar" wrote in message
On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 13:02:05 -0600 (CST), (joe
mccrary) wrote:

I live in panhandle of florida. I live on thirty acre of land . I have
between 1500 to 2000 wild blueberry. I have trouble picking them alot
fall to the ground. I first thought of sheet under them but i have dogs.
can any one give me ideas any good way of picking my blueberry. I also
need good way to sell once i have pick them. thank you aleta mccrary

Hire school kids to come in & pick.

Set up a roadside stand to sell.

Or get a booth at a farmers' market.

(Or send me a plane ticket and I'll pick 'em all!
Me blueberry freak, big-time! g)

--
Polar

Old 08-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Alice Gamewell

I have seen this picker sold at raintree nursery. Do a web search and you
will find it. This pick is also used for cranberries.

Old 08-02-2003, 03:51 PM
Lynne

Yes, dogs will sheet under the bushes too. Have you searched for a place
that sells wild blueberry rakes?