Old 14-01-2004, 06:34 PM
Shannon

Default Looking for "Vegetable Gardening for Dummies" book

Good Day!

I am very interested in purchasing this book and learning how to grow
vegetables and maintain a garden. I have searched every site on the
net that I can find with books and cannot find this particular book
:-( Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell or any other
suggestions of books or websites that would teach me the art of
Vegetable Gardening in simple terms/wording?

Thanks so much & have a great day!
Shannon
Old 14-01-2004, 07:02 PM

On 14 Jan 2004 10:25:38 -0800, (Shannon)
wrote:

Good Day!

I am very interested in purchasing this book and learning how to grow
vegetables and maintain a garden. I have searched every site on the
net that I can find with books and cannot find this particular book
:-( Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell or any other
suggestions of books or websites that would teach me the art of
Vegetable Gardening in simple terms/wording?

The book I would recommend for a beginner is:

Square Foot Gardening
by Mel Bartholomew

He has very nice, very detailed information. If you get
hold of the book, also be sure to read his website, as he
has updated his advice in a few respects and the updated
versions are on the website. One of the changes is
substantive.

http://www.squarefootgardening.com

Bartholomew's way of gardening is not the *only* way to do
things, but if you carefully follows his advice, you *will*
have a very successful vegetable garden.

Enjoy!

Pat Meadows

NOTE: I retain the copyright to this message and I do NOT
grant anyone rights to copy or distribute it elsewhere. If
you are reading this message on a website, it's because the
website owner has violated my copyright.

Copyright © 2004 Patricia Meadows
All Rights Reserved
--
To email me, remove the spam trap and type my first
name in its place.

CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/
International: http://www.thehungersite.com/
Old 14-01-2004, 08:33 PM
M. Tiefert

Shannon wrote:
Good Day!

I am very interested in purchasing this book and learning how to grow
vegetables and maintain a garden. I have searched every site on the
net that I can find with books and cannot find this particular book
:-( Does anyone have one they would be willing to sell or any other
suggestions of books or websites that would teach me the art of
Vegetable Gardening in simple terms/wording?

There actually are gardening books in the "For Dummies" series! I have
links to several books on one of my gardening pages:

http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/garden/info.html

Or you could go straight to www.wiley.com if you don't want me to get a
teensy commission ;-)

regards,