Old 16-01-2004, 06:33 PM
Andrew McMichael

Default Heirloom Tomatoe Catalogues?

I'm looking for some recommendations for good heirloom seed
companies/catalogues. What are the ones you've been satisfied with in
terms of lots of varieties, service, etc.?

Also, favorite heirloom tomato varieties?

--
"It's all WiFi up there."-Alice Faber parses the afterlife.

Old 17-01-2004, 05:02 PM
Bill Moats

My favorite heirloom toms:

Stupice Czech heirloom, small very early, very tasty. In my experience
two weeks earlier than Early Girl.

Pruden's Purple Reliable. Compared to Brandwine but earlier and more
productive

Caspian Pink Just a good big tom

San Marzano Redorta Tuscan heirloom. The best paste tom I've tried. Large
and tasty. From Tomato Growers Supply.

Bill Moats
Pau Hana Farm
Milton-Freewater, Oregon

Old 17-01-2004, 06:12 PM
FarmerDill

http://www.tomatogrowers.com/
http://www.heirloomtomatoes.net/
http://www.seedsavers.org/Home.asp
http://www.victoryseeds.com/
http://www.rareseeds.com/catlisting.php
http://www.tomatofest.com/
Old 18-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Burger King

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:19:34 -0600, Andrew McMichael
wrote:

snip

Also, favorite heirloom tomato varieties?

Brandywine is my favorite.

You may like an old fashioned acidic tasting
cherry type like "Farmers Delight" which
will self-seed easily.

There is also a popular (around here anyway) German
heriloom yellow-pink mixed variety called "Mr.Stripey".
(doesn't can very well).

HTH
Cheers!
B.K.

Old 18-01-2004, 04:02 AM
Burger King

On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 08:59:39 -0800, "Bill Moats"
wrote:

My favorite heirloom toms:

Pruden's Purple Reliable. Compared to Brandwine but earlier and more
productive

You sold me. I'll try Pruden's purple.

Cheers!
B.K.