Old 21-02-2004, 05:32 AM
tworiverspark

Default Looking for Jerusalem Artichokes

I would love to buy some Jerusalem Artichokes from someone if you have them.
I can't find a local supplier and I don't want to pay $4/lb plus shipping
from a gardening catalog. Any help or leads would be appreciated.
Ron

Old 21-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:28:14 -0800, "tworiverspark"
wrote:

I would love to buy some Jerusalem Artichokes from someone if you have them.
I can't find a local supplier and I don't want to pay $4/lb plus shipping
from a gardening catalog. Any help or leads would be appreciated.

If you would post your location, perhaps someone near you would be
willing to oblige. Most who have *any* Jerusalem artichokes, have many
to spare.
Old 21-02-2004, 05:02 PM
tworiverspark

I am located in Tri-Cities Washington, I've talked to several people who had
them years back but don't anymore. My dad was telling me he had to use round
up on the one we had when I was a kid to get rid of them. so I know there
should be plenty around somewhere!

Old 21-02-2004, 06:40 PM
simy1

"tworiverspark" wrote in message ...
I would love to buy some Jerusalem Artichokes from someone if you have them.
I can't find a local supplier and I don't want to pay $4/lb plus shipping
from a gardening catalog. Any help or leads would be appreciated.
Ron

produce section, health food store. Buy them, plant them.
Old 24-02-2004, 06:25 PM
The Watcher

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 13:38:17 GMT, Ross Reid wrote:

(simy1) wrote:

"tworiverspark" wrote in message ...
I would love to buy some Jerusalem Artichokes from someone if you have them.
I can't find a local supplier and I don't want to pay $4/lb plus shipping
from a gardening catalog. Any help or leads would be appreciated.
Ron

produce section, health food store. Buy them, plant them.

Curse them every year thereafter ;-(.

I don't, but then I also have 5 different patches of bamboo growing on my place.
I have spread the Jerusalem Artichoke around, too. I have it growing in 4
different spots(so far).

Old 29-02-2004, 09:12 AM
Loki

il Sat, 21 Feb 2004 08:57:47 -0800, "tworiverspark" ha scritto:

I am located in Tri-Cities Washington, I've talked to several people who had
them years back but don't anymore. My dad was telling me he had to use round
up on the one we had when I was a kid to get rid of them. so I know there
should be plenty around somewhere!

I suppose New Zealand is too far away :-). I use mine as a wind break
and have they been getting a battering this summer! Get one tuber and
soon you'll have a fence line's worth. :-)
--
Cheers,