GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   My garden is near a nuclear power plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/53272-my-garden-near-nuclear-power-plant.html)

Ralf Dieholt 22-02-2004 08:02 AM

My garden is near a nuclear power plant

Do you think I can eat the fruits and vegetables of my garden or will
it cause cancer and mutations ?

I mean some of them are glowing oddly in the dark ...

Ray Drouillard 22-02-2004 09:42 PM

My garden is near a nuclear power plant

"Ralf Dieholt" wrote in message
om...
Do you think I can eat the fruits and vegetables of my garden or will
it cause cancer and mutations ?

I mean some of them are glowing oddly in the dark ...

Don't worry about it. Nuke plants don't release any radioactive
material. If you were near an old-style coal plant, you might have a
problem. Nuke plants are clean, though.

Ray

David Hare-Scott 22-02-2004 11:35 PM

My garden is near a nuclear power plant

"Ralf Dieholt" wrote in message
om...
Do you think I can eat the fruits and vegetables of my garden or will
it cause cancer and mutations ?

I mean some of them are glowing oddly in the dark ...

It seems you over indulged already.

David

Grandpa 23-02-2004 04:43 AM

My garden is near a nuclear power plant

If you ever grow any 62# strawberries let us knowG.

zxcvbob 24-02-2004 04:03 AM

Ralf Dieholt wrote:

Do you think I can eat the fruits and vegetables of my garden or will
it cause cancer and mutations ?

I mean some of them are glowing oddly in the dark ...

EIEI-D'oh!

Best regards,
Bob

--
Homer: If we learned one thing from "The Amazing Colossal Man" and
"Grasshopperus," it's that radiation makes stuff grow real big,

lucy 01-03-2004 09:56 PM

My garden is near a nuclear power plant

I think you should select the veggies that do indeed glow in the dark, and
transplant them along your front sidewalk and/or driveway. They'll serve a
dual purpose in illuminating the walkway for your guests.. cutting down on
potential lawsuits should they trip and fall.
Of course, if they decide to munch on the glowing veggies, rather than use
them for lighting.. they could sue also.
So, I'd recommend you look in the yellow pages for a glow in the dark shark.
(lawyer specializing in radioactive veggies, of course).
Have a great day,
lucy