GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Yerba mate plants/seeds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/54909-yerba-mate-plants-seeds.html)

Not the Karl Orff 08-03-2004 09:30 PM

Yerba mate plants/seeds

I havem't been able to find them locally or in the limited number of
seed catalogues I have but has anyone seen a North American (preferably
Canadian) source for mate (Ilex paraguayensis) seeds?

Not the Karl Orff 08-03-2004 09:47 PM

Yerba mate plants/seeds

In article ,
Henriette Kress wrote:

Not the Karl Orff wrote:

I havem't been able to find them locally or in the limited number of
seed catalogues I have but has anyone seen a North American (preferably
Canadian) source for mate (Ilex paraguayensis) seeds?

Richters has plants.

could you direct me please?

Yerba mate is tropical ... dunno how its long seeds are viable.

or sub tropical. Can handle very close to freezing in Paraguay. It'll
be an indoor plant