GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Which medicinal herbs to grow in mountains of northern California? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/55607-medicinal-herbs-grow-mountains-northern-california.html)

Ted Shoemaker 15-03-2004 07:44 PM

Which medicinal herbs to grow in mountains of northern California?

Hello,

I am posting this question on behalf of someone else.

What would you recommend for the following?

* wanting to grow medicinal herbs
* 5000 feet elevation
* winters to 0 degrees F;
* summers to 90 F, usually colder; temps may freeze in summer.

Please respond to the group, and not to my email.

Thank you very much!

Ted Shoemaker

Henriette Kress 15-03-2004 07:48 PM

Ted Shoemaker wrote:

I am posting this question on behalf of someone else.

What would you recommend for the following?

* wanting to grow medicinal herbs
* 5000 feet elevation
* winters to 0 degrees F;
* summers to 90 F, usually colder; temps may freeze in summer.
Please respond to the group, and not to my email.

If it's commercial growing, the most important questions to ask a
1) what plants will grow, and
2) what plants do buyers want.

If it's for home use, pretty much anything goes.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG * * * * * * * * * * *Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage: http://www.ibiblio.org/herbmed