GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   quince trees? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/55854-quince-trees.html)

Dianna Visek 17-03-2004 05:02 AM

quince trees?

Can anyone point me to good sources for fruiting quince trees? Google
didn't find any. (The Web site for Northwoods Nursery, aka One Green
World, is under reconstruction.)

Also, if anyone has experience growing quince trees in the Midwest,
I'd be interested in hearing from you. I'm in E. Central Illinois,
zone 5b.

Thanks, Dianna
To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

Ken McDole in Lockeford CA 17-03-2004 05:32 AM

quince trees?

try Raintree in Wa., They have several varities. I ordered and planted one
this year.
Ken in Lockeford Ca.

[email protected] 17-03-2004 03:47 PM

quince trees?

On Tue, 16 Mar 2004 22:53:00 -0600, Dianna Visek
wrote:

Can anyone point me to good sources for fruiting quince trees? Google
didn't find any. (The Web site for Northwoods Nursery, aka One Green
World, is under reconstruction.)

http://www.millernurseries.com has them. Maybe Stark Bros.
as well. They aren't all that uncommon.

Pat

tmtresh 17-03-2004 09:31 PM

quince trees?

"Dianna Visek" wrote in message
Can anyone point me to good sources for fruiting quince trees? Google
didn't find any. (The Web site for Northwoods Nursery, aka One Green
World, is under reconstruction.)

Also, if anyone has experience growing quince trees in the Midwest,
I'd be interested in hearing from you. I'm in E. Central Illinois,
zone 5b.

Thanks, Dianna
To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.

Raintree Nursery has 'em.
http://www.raintreenursery.com/catal...Quince%20Trees