GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any other bamboo fans here? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/55908-any-other-bamboo-fans-here.html)

The Watcher 17-03-2004 10:25 PM

Any other bamboo fans here?

I have planted 5 varieties of bamboo on my property with numbers 6 and 7 started
this year. The shoots of some varieities are edible and the plant itself is very
practical. Also, a grove of bamboo makes a good privacy screen and a nice sound
when the wind blows through.
I was wondering if there are any other fans of bamboo here.

Ray Drouillard 17-03-2004 10:25 PM

Any other bamboo fans here?

"The Watcher" wrote in message
I have planted 5 varieties of bamboo on my property with numbers 6 and

7 started
this year. The shoots of some varieities are edible and the plant

itself is very
practical. Also, a grove of bamboo makes a good privacy screen and a

nice sound
when the wind blows through.
I was wondering if there are any other fans of bamboo here.

What kinds of bamboo can I grow in central Michigan (zone 4-5)?

Ray

Dianna Visek 17-03-2004 10:41 PM

Any other bamboo fans here?

More importantly, what varieties are CLUMPING and winter hardy (zone
5)?

Regards, Dianna
To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.