GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Helix Type Earth Anchors (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/56367-helix-type-earth-anchors.html)

Bob Provencher 22-03-2004 05:11 AM

Helix Type Earth Anchors

Can anyone explain how these are installed and used?

--
Bob Provencher ICQ 881862
Aesir Software Programming Consultant/Contractor

Gary Woods 22-03-2004 05:11 AM

Helix Type Earth Anchors

"Bob Provencher" wrote:

Can anyone explain how these are installed and used?

Screw them into the ground and hook things to them?

A lot depends on the soil; an 18" one holds a small dog on a long tether
nicely...

Bob Provencher 23-03-2004 05:02 AM

Helix Type Earth Anchors

Can anyone explain how these are installed and used?

Screw them into the ground and hook things to them?

A lot depends on the soil; an 18" one holds a small dog on a long tether
nicely...

Ahhh you screw them in. So I could attach one to a big drill or an augur?
How do they do in rocky soil?

Gary Woods 23-03-2004 01:55 PM

Helix Type Earth Anchors

"Bob Provencher" wrote:

Ahhh you screw them in. So I could attach one to a big drill or an augur?
How do they do in rocky soil?

You can usually just screw them in by hand; stick a prybar through the eye
at the top if need be. They seem to work around my rocks pretty well, but
I've had to try an alternate site on occasion...