GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pussy Willow (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/56392-pussy-willow.html)

JP 22-03-2004 03:16 PM

Pussy Willow

Does anyone know where I can buy "seeds" or small bushes of pussy
willow. I am having a hard time finding them on the Internet (or they
cost a small fortune). Does anyone has some "extra" they would be
willing to pass along (in the US)?
Cheers!
Save Antartica

Henriette Kress 22-03-2004 03:24 PM

Pussy Willow

(JP) wrote:

Does anyone know where I can buy "seeds" or small bushes of pussy
willow. I am having a hard time finding them on the Internet (or they
cost a small fortune). Does anyone has some "extra" they would be
willing to pass along (in the US)?

Most willows (including pussy willows) are best started from branches.
In spring you cut a branch, put it into dirt, and step back.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage:

Dianna Visek 23-03-2004 03:52 AM

Pussy Willow

I think you could snip a small branch from someone else's pussy willow
and root it.

Regards, Dianna
To reply, please remove "fluff" from my address.