GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mail order Bt for cabbage worms (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/57100-mail-order-bt-cabbage-worms.html)

Lorenzo L. Love 28-03-2004 12:04 AM

Mail order Bt for cabbage worms

Record breaking warm weather has bought out the cabbage worm moths early
this year and I really need some Bt insecticide but I'm all out and the
only local store in town that sold Bt closed last year. A check of my
garden catalogs and a Google search don't show any good mail order
sources. Any recommendations for an on-line supplier for Bt spp. kurstaki?

Lorenzo L. Love
http://home.thegrid.net/~lllove

“If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.”
Cicero

Lorenzo L. Love 28-03-2004 05:36 AM

Mail order Bt for cabbage worms

First place I looked. They have it but won't ship it to California.
See:
http://www.gardens-alive.com/item_di...uctNumber=8137

Pat Kiewicz 28-03-2004 12:02 PM

Lorenzo L. Love said:

Record breaking warm weather has bought out the cabbage worm moths early
this year and I really need some Bt insecticide but I'm all out and the
only local store in town that sold Bt closed last year. A check of my
garden catalogs and a Google search don't show any good mail order
sources. Any recommendations for an on-line supplier for Bt spp. kurstaki?

You might try Territorial Seeds. (They are in Oregon so maybe they can
ship Bt to California -- they don't mention a restriction on their web page.)
Product # ZIN480 Dipel - Bacillus Thuringiensis

http://www.territorial-seed.com

(attributed to Don Marti)

Lorenzo L. Love 28-03-2004 07:32 PM

Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Lorenzo L. Love said:

Record breaking warm weather has bought out the cabbage worm moths early
this year and I really need some Bt insecticide but I'm all out and the
only local store in town that sold Bt closed last year. A check of my
garden catalogs and a Google search don't show any good mail order
sources. Any recommendations for an on-line supplier for Bt spp. kurstaki?

You might try Territorial Seeds. (They are in Oregon so maybe they can
ship Bt to California -- they don't mention a restriction on their web page.)
Product # ZIN480 Dipel - Bacillus Thuringiensis

http://www.territorial-seed.com

Thanks, that will do it! I order most of my seeds from Territorial every
year. They are a good company. I checked their paper catalog for Bt but
it wasn't in there so I didn't think to look on their website. Someone
else suggested another Oregon company, Nichols Garden Nursery,
http://www.nicholsgardennursery.com who also has Bt.

Lorenzo

Mutti Pie 28-03-2004 07:42 PM

Mail order Bt for cabbage worms

Hi -
You might try the following, I do not see any "no ship" policies.

Pinetree -
http://www.superseeds.com/pest_deterants.htm

Extremely Green -
http://www.extremelygreen.com/Produc...uringiensis%20(Bt)