Old 06-04-2004, 10:14 PM
BobbyRoberson

Default This concerns all of US

"Penelope Periwinkle"

He was wriggling so nicely on a hook of his own making, I just hadda take a

nibble.

I'll be sure to keep my fly zipped.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Anonymous

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 11:11:10 +0000, BobbyRoberson wrote:

Your spamming has been reported to AOL. Do feel free to notify Earthlink
that I followed their instructions on how to

Thanks for making my point. Its people like you that try to force their
will/ideas/morality upon others. Please don't tell my Mommy.

http://cannaday.us (genealogy)
http://organic-earth.com (organic gardening)
Uptimes below for the machines that created / host these sites.
16:56:01 up 11 days, 16:52, 2 users, load average: 0.13, 0.14, 0.43
16:50:00 up 93 days, 20:02, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Old 07-04-2004, 11:03 PM
Anonymous

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 11:21:14 +0000, BobbyRoberson wrote:

"Penelope Periwinkle"

He was wriggling so nicely on a hook of his own making, I just hadda
take a

nibble.

I'll be sure to keep my fly zipped.

Too late ... your intellect is already showing.

--
http://cannaday.us (genealogy)
http://organic-earth.com (organic gardening)
Uptimes below for the machines that created / host these sites.
16:58:00 up 11 days, 16:54, 2 users, load average: 0.22, 0.17, 0.40
16:52:00 up 93 days, 20:04, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

Old 08-04-2004, 12:04 AM
BobbyRoberson

Anonymous

Too late ... your intellect is already showing.

Too late for what?
Pay attention and try to follow the thread.
Old 10-04-2004, 05:02 AM
Steve Michaelson

So if there was a ratings system, no doubt the Superbowl would be rated as
mature subject since it does involve violence. And the ads support

alcohol
consumption. Are these things ok to watch with your kids? People seem

hung
up on a breast, but not on the other seedy aspects of the telecast.

Well, actually, I have complained for years about the Disney channel, with
the exact same reasons. Not really alcohol, but teen-band, sex-appeal
singers, and thoughtless rubbish. MTV is killing our teens, and Disney is
killing our children.

HOWEVER, it is up to the parents to allow, or prevent thier children from
viewing these different things. A complex ratings system (even including
ads) will help parents block certain levels/ratings that they know their
kids should not see.

-Steve Michaelson

"FDR" wrote in message

"Steve" wrote in message

Steve Michaelson wrote:

What it really breaks down to is the question of who really owns the
airwaves. The airwaves are supposed to belong to the people. If that

was
the case, IMHO, anything would be allowed to be broadcast, and it

would
be
up to each individual as to what he/she wants to listen to.

Take a look at the Superbowl inncident, that I am sure everyone is

aware
of.
I, for one, did not want to see that. But, there is a possibility

that
some
people did. The only thing that needs to be regulated are the
ratings/content notification systems. If people can know ahead of

time
what
type of content will be on a radio/television show, then they can make

desision on whether or not to watch.

Americans are free to listen to/view what they choose (within certain
limitations, i.e. child porn, etc.) and it is not up to the F.C.C. to
regulate what goes out over the airwaves. However, I do believe that

the
FCC could do some good, by creating a ratings system that works.

Nobody
wants to be suprised.

-Steve Michaelson

The fact that the airwaves belong to the people doesn't exclude the
possibility that the majority of people want some regulation.
A rating system doesn't solve all problems. Children just don't have
the ability to choose what is good for them and what might be bad.
Those who think that good parenting can overcome this and that
children can be supervised constantly, can't be parents.
Suppose the superbowl incident was was scheduled to happen. Suppose
there was a rating system to reflect that. Personally, I want to be
able to sit down with my kids and watch the superbowl.

So if there was a ratings system, no doubt the Superbowl would be rated as

mature subject since it does involve violence. And the ads support

alcohol
consumption. Are these things ok to watch with your kids? People seem

hung
up on a breast, but not on the other seedy aspects of the telecast.

I don't want
to skip the game because it has a rating that worries me. I don't
even want to be put in a position where I have to turn off the half
time show because of content.

Steve ... feeling very prudish today, I guess.