GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Concord Grapes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/57883-concord-grapes.html)

General Schvantzkoph 06-04-2004 09:14 PM

Concord Grapes

I have a concord grape vine on an arbor in my backyard. I'm in
Massachusetts, about 15 miles from Concord so the climate should be ideal
for Concord grapes. For the last couple of years my grapes have shriveled
up before ripening. I suspect a fungus but I really don't know for sure.
Is there anything I can do to help the situation? Are there any fungicides
that I should try?

Katra 06-04-2004 09:14 PM

Concord Grapes

In article ,
General Schvantzkoph wrote:

I have a concord grape vine on an arbor in my backyard. I'm in
Massachusetts, about 15 miles from Concord so the climate should be ideal
for Concord grapes. For the last couple of years my grapes have shriveled
up before ripening. I suspect a fungus but I really don't know for sure.
Is there anything I can do to help the situation? Are there any fungicides
that I should try?

Are the leaves shriveling too?
If not, it may be just lack of water???

But, I'm no expert on grapes. G I just make sure that
mine get plenty of water when they are producing.
My muscadines produced well last year, and am hoping that the concord
will put up some grapes this year. :-) I also planted some new green and
red grapes, but I don't anticipate anything from them until maybe next
year or so...

Good luck!
K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Ken Anderson 06-04-2004 09:14 PM

Concord Grapes

"General Schvantzkoph" wrote in message
I have a concord grape vine on an arbor in my backyard. I'm in
Massachusetts, about 15 miles from Concord so the climate should be ideal
for Concord grapes. For the last couple of years my grapes have shriveled
up before ripening. I suspect a fungus but I really don't know for sure.
Is there anything I can do to help the situation? Are there any fungicides
that I should try?

Does what you have look like this?
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/3000/3004.html

General Schvantzkoph 06-04-2004 09:15 PM

Concord Grapes

On Sun, 04 Apr 2004 13:02:14 -0500, Katra wrote:

[...]

It's not lack of water, could be to much water. The last two years have
been very very wet and this year looks like it's going to be the same.