Old 20-04-2004, 02:03 PM
SugarChile

Default Seeds/Swiss chard

Not soapy at all, to my tastes. "Bright lights" is the variety with all the
colors. I love it and plant plenty of it each year. It's just about the
perfect plant, IMO. It looks great, it tastes great, it keeps going in the
heat of summer, and lasts long into the fall. (I harvest individual leaves,
not the entire plant.)

Now cilantro--that's soapy!

cheers,
Sue

--

"
Chard to you :-) we also use it for spinach too. because we never

Ohhhhhh, taste kind of soapy .. but at least they have them in
gorgeous colors now.. yellow, orange, pink, red and kind of blushes
between them. ;-)

Soapy? Have they bred the tannic flavour out? I've got a bunch of
those coloured ones patiently waiting for me to plant them out,
eventually ...
--
Cheers,

Old 22-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Loki

il Tue, 20 Apr 2004 11:05:39 GMT, "SugarChile" ha scritto:

Not soapy at all, to my tastes. "Bright lights" is the variety with all the
colors. I love it and plant plenty of it each year. It's just about the
perfect plant, IMO. It looks great, it tastes great, it keeps going in the
heat of summer, and lasts long into the fall. (I harvest individual leaves,
not the entire plant.)

I was just going to plant it for winter. :-)

Now cilantro--that's soapy!

Darn, I've forgotten what that is in English.
--
Cheers,

Old 22-04-2004, 04:04 AM
Pen

I tried Bright Lights last year and the stalks were gorgeous in the
seedling tray but some of them turned white when I moved them
outdoors. Am I missing something in my soil? Maybe there was too
much sun or water? Any insight would be appreciated.

Swiss chard NewShmoo Edible Gardening 0 28-06-2011 07:28 PM
Swiss Chard bolting : Still edible ? MrMe Edible Gardening 13 30-05-2008 02:17 AM
swiss chard cricket Edible Gardening 1 13-07-2005 02:35 AM
Swiss Chard? Alan Holmes United Kingdom 7 22-04-2005 04:34 PM
Swiss Chard & Beets turning brown Gary Gardening 4 21-05-2003 05:56 AM