Old 12-05-2004, 07:06 PM
Banyon100

Default Safety of used pool filter sand

After buying a new swimming pool filter we have a lot of sand from
the old filter to get rid of. Is it okay to use in a garden and other
landscaping areas or is the sand too contaminated?

Thanks very much
Jeff Gahn
Old 13-05-2004, 06:04 AM
how

Hi,
Don't see a problem with the sand.
hth -_- how
to reply remember no NEWS is good

Old 15-05-2004, 04:10 PM
Beecrofter

Banyon100 wrote in message . ..
After buying a new swimming pool filter we have a lot of sand from
the old filter to get rid of. Is it okay to use in a garden and other
landscaping areas or is the sand too contaminated?

Thanks very much
Jeff Gahn

Add it to your compost pile a bit at a time. Good gizzard grit for the
worms.
Not my favorite type of sand for soil improvement , it seems too
smooth and rounded. I wouldn't sweat the chemicals, the quantities are
too low to consider.

WTB: Swimming Pool - need crew to install pool in ground GeneS Texas 1 21-06-2004 11:08 PM
Pool Sand Filter Help!! Green Water!! High Electricity!! matt clark Ponds 12 10-05-2004 11:03 AM
swimming pool sand filter operation clive Ponds 3 08-12-2003 05:04 PM
Sand sand and sand kcchin Gardening 8 15-06-2003 04:20 PM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM