GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Re(2): tomato leaves eaten.... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/61736-re-2-tomato-leaves-eaten.html)

Glenna Rose 19-05-2004 08:05 PM

Re(2): tomato leaves eaten....

writes:

They weren't common in Montana either -- you could count on finding
some in certain window wells, but hardly ever anywhere else. Here,
they're everywhere, and far less fussy about where they live!

A good reason to stay where I am!

Like most people, I've never been fond of spiders. Gardening now, and
knowing how valuable they are to the environment, I have a better
tolerance for them and am trying to teach my granddaughters that certain
spiders (refer to them as garden spiders) are helpers so they don't freak
out every time they see a bug. My own mother was so terrified of spiders
that she would run from them. My grandmother said she was shocked when
she saw my mother actually step on one when I was a baby crawling on the
floor. Her fear is why I had the chore of going into the pump house;
amazing how that protective instinct disappeared after I could walk! I so
hated going there as there were always at least a dozen spiders in sight,
no easy task to not disturb them. I just cannot imagine living with them
all over like you have them!

I saved the link you sent but it's early morning and haven't had my
breakfast yet so will wait until later to look since I'm about to go out
and work in the yard for a short time before leaving for work.

Thank you for the information.

Glenna