GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Strawberry problem (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/61785-strawberry-problem.html)

Jack B. 20-05-2004 03:04 PM

Strawberry problem

My strawberry crop is being ravaged by rolly-pollies. Help! Does
anyone know what can be done about this. The berries are very tasty,
but I hate eating the leftover halves that remain after the darn
crustations get them.

R.B.

Blues Ma 20-05-2004 03:04 PM

Strawberry problem

"Jack B." wrote:

My strawberry crop is being ravaged by rolly-pollies.* Help!* Does
anyone know what can be done about this.* The berries are very tasty,
but I hate eating the leftover halves that remain after the darn
crustations get them.

R.B.

Have you tried sprinkling diatomaceous earth under your mulch ?
Works for me.
Keeps slugs and earwigs off hostas as well.

*
*