GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hot peppers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/61884-hot-peppers.html)

Allan Matthews 21-05-2004 11:12 PM

Hot peppers

I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house
owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about
these? Thanks

Allan Matthews 22-05-2004 03:03 AM

Hot peppers

On Thu, 20 May 2004 20:17:59 -0400, Allan Matthews
wrote:

I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house
owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about
these? Thanks

Thaks to all. I really thought I had some much hotter peppers...maybe
I can find some Scotch Bonnets yet.

Stan Goodman 22-05-2004 11:04 AM

Hot peppers

On Fri, 21 May 2004 17:39:21 UTC, Penelope Periwinkle
opined:
In our last fun filled episode, Thu, 20 May 2004 20:17:59 -0400,
Allan Matthews proclaimed:

I bought some hot pepper plants called "Tears of Fear". Green house
owner only knew they were very hot. Anybody know anything about
these? Thanks

http://www.parkseed.com/webapp/wcs/s...Category=28001

From Park Seed:

The Name Says it All!
Thick-fleshed fruits mature from green to chocolate to red!

65 days. Though not nearly as hot as a Habanero, Tears of Fire
will earn its name with the first bite! The heat has been
measured at well above 30,000 Scovilles!

So you get a merit badge for each one you can get down?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendum.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.

Penelope Periwinkle 24-05-2004 12:04 AM

Hot peppers

On 22 May 2004 09:59:24 GMT, "Stan Goodman"
wrote:

On Fri, 21 May 2004 17:39:21 UTC, Penelope Periwinkle
opined:

Tears of Fire

65 days. Though not nearly as hot as a Habanero, Tears of Fire
will earn its name with the first bite! The heat has been
measured at well above 30,000 Scovilles!

So you get a merit badge for each one you can get down?

Penelope primly passes the prurient joke

I don't know, it's a hybrid, and I only grow open pollinated
vegetables. I have a passel of peppers, but no Tears
of Fire. I googled for it.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"