GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New Allotment & New Gardener (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/62741-new-allotment-new-gardener.html)

John Nash 30-05-2004 11:41 PM

New Allotment & New Gardener

I have just taken over an allotment. All around my plot are productive plots seemingly full of growing veg.

Can anyone give me advice on what my planting plan should be given the time of year? The soil - under the bolted brussels, 2' high grass and flowering poppies, is light and well drained.

Thanks

Frogleg 31-05-2004 01:05 PM

New Allotment & New Gardener

On Sun, 30 May 2004 22:54:27 GMT, John Nash
wrote:

I have just taken over an allotment. All around my plot are productive
plots seemingly full of growing veg.

Can anyone give me advice on what my planting plan should be given the
time of year? The soil - under the bolted brussels, 2' high grass and
flowering poppies, is light and well drained.

Have you posted this to uk.rec.gardening? The folk there are more
likely to give you good climate-specific advice. Otherwise, I'd ask
those with plots around you, and observe what they're doing. Gardners
are very generous with advice. :-)

Janice 01-06-2004 02:07 AM

New Allotment & New Gardener

wrote:

I have just taken over an allotment. All around my plot are productive
plots seemingly full of growing veg.

Can anyone give me advice on what my planting plan should be given the
time of year? The soil - under the bolted brussels, 2' high grass and
flowering poppies, is light and well drained.

Thanks

You need to let people know, at least vaguely what part of the world
that plot of ground occupies. '-) I glanced up and saw you're in the
UK, so I know I am not going to be any help. Not *everyone* is savvy
to country codes though. I don't know your climate, but other folks
in the UK, or those who have lived there could be helpful. ;-)

Janice