Old 17-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Gary Woods

Default Scape-snipping time in olde New York

And delurking briefly-
After a few light showers, things are a-poppin' in the garden, with
emphasis on the weeds!
I've cut several grocery bags full of garlic scapes, so pesto making will
happen Real Soon Now, along with foisting them on some neighbors who don't
worry much about the social niceties like sweet breath.
For fellow compulsives who are keeping score, I've updated the garlic
spreadsheet, to be found on my personal web page listed in my .sig.

Yours in bad breath,

Old 18-06-2004, 04:02 PM
Steve Calvin

Gary Woods wrote:
And delurking briefly-
After a few light showers, things are a-poppin' in the garden, with
emphasis on the weeds!
I've cut several grocery bags full of garlic scapes, so pesto making will

snip

I had to cut mine a few weeks ago. But I'm a LITTLE south of you in
Poughkeepsie.

--
Steve

Old 18-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Mark

Steve Calvin wrote in message ...
Gary Woods wrote:
And delurking briefly-
After a few light showers, things are a-poppin' in the garden, with
emphasis on the weeds!
I've cut several grocery bags full of garlic scapes, so pesto making will

snip

I had to cut mine a few weeks ago. But I'm a LITTLE south of you in
Poughkeepsie.

I cut mine about 3 weeks ago, and I just harvested my elephant garlic
last evening. They are big and the peels were just beginning to show
the cloves separating. I think I got them just in time.

The only downside is that my pet chicken, Nugget, is upset because she
liked lounging under a canopy of e.g. leaves. She might have to start
rooming under the squash plants.

Mark

Scape? Steve Peek Edible Gardening 2 24-05-2011 04:08 AM
Olde Tymes ? 'Mike'[_4_] United Kingdom 0 04-04-2011 02:03 PM
Snipping Gz Edible Gardening 5 26-01-2011 09:21 PM
Snipping JennyC United Kingdom 13 27-08-2007 02:44 PM
Scape-snipping time! Gary Woods Edible Gardening 2 20-06-2005 03:22 AM