GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Problem with cucumbers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/66809-problem-cucumbers.html)

rosemarie face 21-06-2004 08:06 AM

Problem with cucumbers

Hi all ! For some reason this years cucumber seeds didn't come up . Is
it too late to sow new ones ??? I'm in z5 IN .
Thanks ! Rosie z5

Pat Kiewicz 21-06-2004 12:04 PM

Problem with cucumbers

rosemarie face said:

Hi all ! For some reason this years cucumber seeds didn't come up . Is
it too late to sow new ones ??? I'm in z5 IN .

You should still have time to get a few cukes; most begin bearing in
50 days or so.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Richard 23-06-2004 05:04 AM

Problem with cucumbers

(rosemarie face) wrote in news:12611-40D6832B-201
@storefull-3276.bay.webtv.net:

Hi all ! For some reason this years cucumber seeds didn't come up . Is
it too late to sow new ones ??? I'm in z5 IN .
Thanks ! Rosie z5

Zone 5 you should be able to plant cucumbers up until July 4. My mom
(Nebraska, zone 5) used to plant her fall cucumbers the first week of July
and always got some crop out of them before frost. Make sure the variety
you grow is a rapid maturing variety, as they will start maturing when the
weather is chilling in late summer/autumn and every additional growing day
you can give them helps...