Old 30-06-2004, 07:04 PM
Mark

Default Preserving garlic

I've heard that one can store peeled garlic cloves in olive oil.

Do you have to blanch or otherwise sterilize the cloves before putting
them up?

P.S. The Siberian Red and the elephant garlic came on like
gangbusters; the kitchen smells like a little slice o' heaven.

Mark
Old 02-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Dee Jay

Gary Woods wrote:
FWIW, much of the large amount of garlic consumed by Asians in
general and Koreans in particular is in pickled form.

Does this affect the flavor at all? Does the vinegar? I can't stand the
smell of vinegar and conversely the taste because my mother tortured me with
it after a 2nd degree sunburn and the smell sends me running for a lukewarm
shower.

Preserving garlic Jeßus[_10_] Edible Gardening 3 16-01-2016 12:49 AM
Garlic - garlic.jpg Ann Garden Photos 2 03-04-2008 11:31 AM
Preserving Aloe Vera? Nicholas J Ruggiero Plant Biology 1 05-04-2003 03:32 PM
Preserving Aponogeton crispus bulbs Aqua Freshwater Aquaria Plants 1 05-03-2003 11:03 PM
Preserving and drying orchids. Howard Orchids 0 28-01-2003 12:54 AM