Old 01-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Anonny Moose

Default Zucchini problem

This is a yellow zucchini. It's growing vigorously with an abundance of
flowers and zucs, but many of the zucs start turning mushy when the flowers
fade. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Appreciate your advice.
Karen
Portland, OR

Old 02-07-2004, 01:05 AM
Dee Jay

Anonny Moose wrote:
Thanks! I never would have imagined doing that. I only have the one
plant - so maybe that is a problem? However, I have gotten a few
good-sized zucs so far. I'll give this a shot and see what happens.

Actually, growing a single zuc plant shouldn't be a problem, as long as
there are enough bees around to polinate.

Karen
I have the same question about the WMDs!

Some WMD's have been found...some destroyed...some shipped out...yet, we
still ask this question? Saddam had his day in a new Iraqi court and that
is a good thing...

Old 03-07-2004, 04:02 AM
Jim Thomas

Break off a
male bloom, expose the pistil, and rub it on the female stamens.
Yep, you're artificially inseminating a plant :-).

It's easier to use a small paintbrush (artist's, not housepainting).
Gather some pollen from a male pistil and brush it onto the female
stamen.

Old 03-07-2004, 04:03 PM
KK from NJ

It's easier to use a small paintbrush (artist's, not housepainting).
Gather some pollen from a male pistil and brush it onto the female
stamen.

I use a q-tip, works fine for me.