GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Molasses Tip - Thank you (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/78175-molasses-tip-thank-you.html)

nutNhoney 02-07-2004 07:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you

To the kind soul who posted the tip for spraying members of the cabbage
family with a molasses solution, thank you so much. Today, I noticed a
white moth hovering around my brussel sprouts. I quickly made up a
solution of molasses and rushed back to the garden to spray. The moth
did not land! It seemed to be repelled by the molasses. I sprayed the
broccoli too for good measure. I think I will spray again for the next
few days. If it keeps the cabbage caterpillars off, I will be so happy.
Thanks again!

Brigitte J. 03-07-2004 04:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you

"nutNhoney" wrote in message
To the kind soul who posted the tip for spraying members of the cabbage
family with a molasses solution, thank you so much. Today, I noticed a
white moth hovering around my brussel sprouts. I quickly made up a
solution of molasses and rushed back to the garden to spray. The moth
did not land! It seemed to be repelled by the molasses. I sprayed the
broccoli too for good measure. I think I will spray again for the next
few days. If it keeps the cabbage caterpillars off, I will be so happy.
Thanks again!

I must have missed that thread. Can you please repost the molasses
solution?

Thanks,
Brigitte

belly 05-07-2004 03:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:28:31 -0400 in
, nutNhoney
graced the world with this thought:

To the kind soul who posted the tip for spraying members of the cabbage
family with a molasses solution, thank you so much. Today, I noticed a
white moth hovering around my brussel sprouts. I quickly made up a
solution of molasses and rushed back to the garden to spray. The moth
did not land! It seemed to be repelled by the molasses. I sprayed the
broccoli too for good measure. I think I will spray again for the next
few days. If it keeps the cabbage caterpillars off, I will be so happy.
Thanks again!

the only problem is a steady supply of moles to last you through the
season.

nutNhoney 07-07-2004 05:03 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you

Brigitte J. wrote:
"nutNhoney" wrote in message

To the kind soul who posted the tip for spraying members of the cabbage
family with a molasses solution, thank you so much. Today, I noticed a
white moth hovering around my brussel sprouts. I quickly made up a
solution of molasses and rushed back to the garden to spray. The moth
did not land! It seemed to be repelled by the molasses. I sprayed the
broccoli too for good measure. I think I will spray again for the next
few days. If it keeps the cabbage caterpillars off, I will be so happy.
Thanks again!

I must have missed that thread. Can you please repost the molasses
solution?

Sorry for not getting back to you before now. I've been busy in the
garden. I used about a tablespoon of molasses in a spray bottle filled
to the top for a solution of about a litre. So far, so good! No little
critters :)

Thanks,
Brigitte

08-07-2004 10:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you

I must have missed that thread. Can you please repost the molasses
solution?

Sorry for not getting back to you before now. I've been busy in the
garden. I used about a tablespoon of molasses in a spray bottle filled
to the top for a solution of about a litre. So far, so good! No little
critters :)

filled with what?? water? vinegar? oil?

enquiring minds NEED to know!

nutNhoney 09-07-2004 04:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you

wrote:

I must have missed that thread. Can you please repost the molasses
solution?

Sorry for not getting back to you before now. I've been busy in the
garden. I used about a tablespoon of molasses in a spray bottle filled
to the top for a solution of about a litre. So far, so good! No little
critters :)

filled with what?? water? vinegar? oil?

Oops, sorry, filled with water.

enquiring minds NEED to know!

Brigitte J. 10-07-2004 04:02 AM

Molasses Tip - Thank you

"belly" wrote in message
ink.net...
On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 13:28:31 -0400 in
, nutNhoney
graced the world with this thought:

To the kind soul who posted the tip for spraying members of the cabbage
family with a molasses solution, thank you so much. Today, I noticed a
white moth hovering around my brussel sprouts. I quickly made up a
solution of molasses and rushed back to the garden to spray. The moth
did not land! It seemed to be repelled by the molasses. I sprayed the
broccoli too for good measure. I think I will spray again for the next
few days. If it keeps the cabbage caterpillars off, I will be so happy.
Thanks again!

the only problem is a steady supply of moles to last you through the
season.

Thanks all for the molasses tips. I'll mix up a batch tomorrow.

Brigitte

14-07-2004 09:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you