GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Molasses Tip - Thank you and info for Brigitte (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/78354-re-molasses-tip-thank-you-info-brigitte.html)

Danny Byrne 05-07-2004 08:02 AM

Molasses Tip - Thank you and info for Brigitte

Hey Nuthoney

That was me...you are most welcome..

For Brigitte

Mix a tablespoon of molasses in warm water and let cool..spray every week or
every 2 weeks as required for white cabbage moth..they hate it..and I think
it would be good soil conditioner as well if any drops on your soil..

It works for me...but gotta do it before white butterfly lays
eggs...otherwise you might have to use the 2 finger method and squash grubs
for your garden birds..

Best wishes

Danny

"nutNhoney" wrote in message
To the kind soul who posted the tip for spraying members of the cabbage
family with a molasses solution, thank you so much. Today, I noticed a
white moth hovering around my brussel sprouts. I quickly made up a
solution of molasses and rushed back to the garden to spray. The moth
did not land! It seemed to be repelled by the molasses. I sprayed the
broccoli too for good measure. I think I will spray again for the next
few days. If it keeps the cabbage caterpillars off, I will be so happy.
Thanks again!

Stan Goodman 05-07-2004 04:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you and info for Brigitte

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 06:50:25 UTC, "Danny Byrne"
opined:
Hey Nuthoney

That was me...you are most welcome..

For Brigitte

Mix a tablespoon of molasses in warm water and let cool..spray every week or
every 2 weeks as required for white cabbage moth..they hate it..and I think
it would be good soil conditioner as well if any drops on your soil..

A tablespoon of molasses in how much warm water? A cup? A liter? A gallon?
If it doesn't matter, why does "a tablespoon" matter?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendum.

To send me email, please replace the CAPITAL_LETTERS with "sig". Please do
not send me HTML-formatted messages.Please do not send me attachments
without telling me beforehand.

Danny Byrne 05-07-2004 10:02 PM

Molasses Tip - Thank you and info for Brigitte

I meant to write a tablespoon of molasses in 1 litre of warm water...

sorry for omission

Danny