Old 05-07-2004, 11:02 PM

Default hornworm,catepillar (ahem) poo

along with these buggers eating equivalents of tons of grape leaves, hops,
peonies, anything they can get their nasty little choppers into...they dump
A LOT of poo!!

is there any GOOD purpose for this poo? could it not be consider manure as
the bugger making it is a vegetarian?

this is NOT a tongue-in-cheek question!!! i'm serious!!

although i have a beautiful arch trellis for my grapes to grow upon, they've
decided they like the deck with built-in benches better...so, of course, the
catepillars are not far behind...in fact, they prolly love it more cuz they
don't have to tread periously on the lattice work. at any rate, on the deck
in huge quantities are hard droppings. it took us aback for a few minutes
until i saw THEM...munching happily on the concord grape leaves AND grapes!

so, kindly folk, what say you? IS there anything good that can come of
catepillar poo?

hrm...perhaps it be called...multi-legged poo? nah
how about: cat-a-PILLARY poo?

bwahahaha...any suggestions? i can make a fortune!! ;p)

Old 05-07-2004, 11:02 PM

In article ,
wrote:

bwahahaha...any suggestions? i can make a fortune!! ;p)

Why not just eliminate the sources of the poo? This stuff
really works:

http://www.spinics.net/am/B00018R74I
http://www.spinics.net/am/B0001LE2AW
Old 06-07-2004, 12:02 AM
bhobbs3

hornworm,catepillar (ahem) pooThe poo is called frass. Yes, it is a real word. My kindergartener learned that in his butterfly class study.
Just some info. I think frass is better than the 'other' words.

Old 06-07-2004, 10:02 PM

thank you for enlightening me(i MEAN THIS..not just poking at you).
hopefully, entomologists will not feel the need to change this name as
botanists keep changing the names of plants...i assume the 'frass' doesn't
include dna which they'll keep knocking down and upgrading? {smirk}